News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Capseed 2014

Started by Carlson, November 17, 2013, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlson

I was approached today by the Commander of the Local Civil Air Patrol squadron about the possibility of having an Appleseed events for the CAP Cadets (and parents).  It's possible that we might be able to get some cadets from Helena to attend as well.

What do we need to do to accommodate them?   

Mark Davis

I can get Sam Whittamore range just about any day except Dec 7.

Will they have thier own rifles?

Carlson

Quote from: Mark Davis on November 17, 2013, 10:37:59 PM
I can get Sam Whittamore range just about any day except Dec 7.

Will they have thier own rifles?

I would have to say, probably not.  I actually didn't ask that question. 

They are still working on their training schedule for next year.  I would expect this event would sometime in the Spring or Summer of 2014, so there is plenty of time for planning.  I've got two loaner rifles myself, and I plan to add a couple of more to the stable between now and Summertime.  My Contact is the Vice Commander for the Montana wing, CPT Steven Potratz, who attended our autumn event in Three Forks, with his Son.  He's had a taste of the program, and wants to learn to tell the history.  ;D

Mark Davis

How many civil air patrol cadets are in the program?
Samuel Whittamore range is closed from early May untill the cattle graze off the grass.

Carlson

Let me ask.   I'll get back with you.