News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leaked DOJ Memo: Outlaw and Confiscate All Guns... - See more at: http://www.r

Started by Castle Mountain, November 18, 2013, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Leaked DOJ Memo: Outlaw and Confiscate All Guns...

I hate news like this but the ramifications at this time in our history is enormous......
The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page "cursory summary" on current gun control initiatives was not officially released by the Obama administration. - See more at: http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns#sthash.bf3fd63r.3g1ljLbi.dpuf

Holder has pursued his agenda now for a long time...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ANRgcvjkk
Is is another Ice Burg or?

CM

FYI- See more at: http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns#sthash.bf3fd63r.3g1ljLbi.dpuf

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

DEH

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

slim

Castle Mountain

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Audrey

QuoteA Justice Department official said the memo is an unfinished review of gun violence research and does not represent administration policy. - See more at: http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns#sthash.bf3fd63r.wrvrZcQC.dpuf

Feinstein is a nutcase and extremist; thankfully she does not represent actual "government agenda" as suggested by this incendiary blog post.

Similar to pro-gun rights groups perspectives often being misrepresented in the media, it seems like there's a misrepresentation here too. An internal memo is not the same as policy. Why would a DOJ memo worth any merit have "Twitter Summary" at the beginning of each section? This looks like information tampering; like a lawyer persuading a jury with an over the top interpretation.

If you are worried about gun control write, call, or visit your representatives. Being upset about a blog post that is meant to cause fear (just as the media uses mass shootings to cause gun-related fear) is unproductive.

peterlandsiedel

Pretty sure this post runs afoul of the "no politics at appleseed" rule...

Bluesteel

Quote from: Audrey on November 18, 2013, 05:38:02 PM
QuoteA Justice Department official said the memo is an unfinished review of gun violence research and does not represent administration policy. - See more at: http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/doj-memo-outlaw-and-confiscate-all-guns#sthash.bf3fd63r.wrvrZcQC.dpuf

Feinstein is a nutcase and extremist; thankfully she does not represent actual "government agenda" as suggested by this incendiary blog post.

Similar to pro-gun rights groups perspectives often being misrepresented in the media, it seems like there's a misrepresentation here too. An internal memo is not the same as policy. Why would a DOJ memo worth any merit have "Twitter Summary" at the beginning of each section? This looks like information tampering; like a lawyer persuading a jury with an over the top interpretation.

If you are worried about gun control write, call, or visit your representatives. Being upset about a blog post that is meant to cause fear (just as the media uses mass shootings to cause gun-related fear) is unproductive.

I have to agree hear.  This has been posted on the NRA site since February and has only resulted in a lot of fear mongering from the NRA.

So what is this really?  If you bother to read it, it's an internal report, in response to the Sandy Hook shooting and subsequent "gun violence prevention study group" (remember that group that was to be headed by Biden?) that was formed to examine all of the ideas that were being thrown around at the time.  While many of us probably agree that virtually all of those ideas are unconstitutional, it IS the job of the NIJ to do research studies on crime prevention. This is their report on reducing homicides with firearms.  And what do they conclude?  In a nutshell, that all of those ideas (mag cap limits, AWB, ammo logs, "smart" guns, closing "gun show loophole," would be either minimally or completely ineffective in reducing homicides). 

I suspect that this study was just part of another bread and circuses side-show for the masses to demonstrate "that we're doing something."  Seems all they've done is grow firearms ownership and NRA membership, which isn't so bad after all.

Audrey

Quote from: peterlandsiedel on November 18, 2013, 06:49:51 PMPretty sure this post runs afoul of the "no politics at appleseed" rule...

I agree. I've been lambasted for pointing that out in other threads though.

FiremanBob

I agree with peterlandsiedel.

I also question the authenticity of the "memo". The headings are in the Microsoft Word default style, and it appears to be printed out on plain paper and without a document reference code anywhere. I would expect official internal memos to be on some sort of letterhead with an alphanumeric document code in a header or footer.

Dan Rather isn't the only person who falsifies government documents.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

peterlandsiedel

Quote from: Audrey on November 18, 2013, 07:03:33 PM
Quote from: peterlandsiedel on November 18, 2013, 06:49:51 PMPretty sure this post runs afoul of the "no politics at appleseed" rule...

I agree. I've been lambasted for pointing that out in other threads though.

I'm fine with being lambasted for it. :)

Really though, this thread contains (1) a discussion of a modern political memo, (2) negative statements regarding a current elected official, and (3) negative statements regarding a current appointed official. There are plenty of other forums to discuss issues like this. Remaining as politically neutral as possible is to the program's advantage.

Bluesteel

Quote from: FiremanBob on November 18, 2013, 07:06:53 PM
I agree with peterlandsiedel.

I also question the authenticity of the "memo". The headings are in the Microsoft Word default style, and it appears to be printed out on plain paper and without a document reference code anywhere. I would expect official internal memos to be on some sort of letterhead with an alphanumeric document code in a header or footer.

Dan Rather isn't the only person who falsifies government documents.

It was verified as a legit internal (and unpublished) memo that the NRA got their hands on.  The administration even acknowledged it to Bloomberg news of all places:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-02-25/a-doj-memo-shows-why-the-nra-wins-on-gun-control

Castle Mountain

As Slim pointed out so succinctly this post is nothing more than an Ice burg. We have seen many such ice burgs and more than a few
have been shared over the several years. If anything good comes of this it nails down the imperative the very need for bailing more nationally.
Issues today are more than somewhat comparative to the past as a historical context.  I thank Blue Steel for such objective commentary in the way he
dialed in the truth of this article. As one good professor said..."nothing learned except as thoughts are provoked." 

Cheers,

CM