News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX LadySeed, October 26, 2013

Started by Bullet, October 28, 2013, 12:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

Despite dire predictions of all-day thunderstorms, four shooters demonstrated their commitment by showing up bright and early Saturday morning, and were rewarded with a perfectly beautiful day for shooting. These ladies were there to learn, and persevered all day through various challenges.

Emily attended her first Appleseed the previous week and I think she's hooked.  O0  She has a solid foundation and great enthusiasm, and I have no doubt she will keep working until she gets that Rifleman patch.

Linda shot a bolt-action all day - not an easy task when you are trying to learn fundamentals of marksmanship.  :bow:  She didn't quit, but kept up her determination to improve and maintained a great attitude.

Jackie proved to be an extremely focused and studious shooter. Those Ruger stock sights are not fun to work with but she never complained, just kept listening to those talking targets and working towards tighter groups.  :~

I was honored to have my mom on the line as a shooter! She persisted through aches and pains from the various positions and shot some very impressive groups (and was only one shot away from a cleared redcoat!)  ^:)^

Special thanks to Angel (IIT), who did a great job with her duties of line bossing and presenting many points of instruction. She studied very diligently to prepare and is working hard toward that red hat. I couldn't have done this shoot without her. I also have to say, Angel.....as your big sis, I'm pretty stinkin' proud of you! ;D O0

(pictures to come)
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Bullet

I should add, thank you to Tate (range owner) for being a great host and giving us such a warm welcome to his range.

Pictures are below.

Group photo:

Working on prone:

More prone:

Angel telling history:

Listening:
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams