News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waitsburg, WA 26-27 Oct.

Started by Theophilus, October 28, 2013, 12:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

Four shooters on Saturday and five shooters on Sunday braved the most beautiful weather this range has offered us in all of the Appleseed Shoots held there to date.

All enjoyed rifle marksmanship activites and hearing the stories of April 19 1775, and KD exercise on Sunday.

Lance brought two rifles, could have shot more rifles, but worked on outfitting his mainstay rifle.  He went from an adjustable hunting/carry sling on Saturday to a GI web sling on Sunday and found shooting much improved.  Lance, keep up the good work, I have no doubt repeated Rifleman scores are in your future!

James came on Saturday shooting a bolt-action .22, and took away much improved shooting and technique.  I believe bolt-action Rifleman scores are well within your reach with practice and continued improvement.

Andrew, some work on building up the stock and improved scope mounts will do the trick - your basic techinque is sound.  Practice, and a Rifleman score will be yours.

Chris simply enjoys shooting and helping others improve.  He fought scope problems, but will repeat his Rifleman score when the equipment issues are sorted out.

Renee came with her new LTR.  She hit the high score for the weekend with a 208 - just short of Rifleman.  She was plagued by a couple of misfeeds, a couple of dud rounds and some "help" on her target, but I am confident that a Rifleman score is in here future also.

Joni also simply enjoyed shooting all weekend long!  She claimed that this was the first chance to do that in 2 1/2 years.  She also came close to repeating her multiple Rifleman scores.

All in all a wonderful weekend.  We instilled American heritage and improved rifle marksmanship in all participants.

Pictures to follow.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Earl

:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

Sounds like another great shooting day in the Great NorthWest, and everybody knows that. 

Joni, shoots! Great to be able to do that. Bet her groups weren't off the target. Hope to see you all next month.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

George Hacker

Simplicity and precision, Earl.  Too many emoticons... too many emoticons. ;)
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

Quote from: ShadowMan on October 28, 2013, 03:46:13 PM
Simplicity and precision, Earl.  Too many emoticons... too many emoticons. ;)

&)
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln