News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed LTR in Top 10

Started by stoneknives, October 22, 2013, 11:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

One of our volunteer Appleseed Marksmanship Instructors (mac66) in Michigan design for a 10/22 has made it to the Top 10 in the Ruger Anniversary Design Contest. It is listed under the name Gary from Michigan. IMHO it is a sweet, versatile with excellent iron sight and scope mount. The design also will incorporate elements of the new Ruger bolt American to allow the stock to adjust fit humans from 8-80.

I don't know him personally, but it would be nice PR for Project Appleseed and a great prize to a guy that travels all over to teach marksmanship to a bunch of strangers for free.

Enough Guilt, go to the Ruger site and look and compare designs you can vote once per day per internet device.

Thanks
Stoneknives
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

308LIBERTY

It moved up from 5 to 4 just since yesterday.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

smoakingun

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

ACP230

Been voting for it daily since the contest started.
A couple of the other designs were flashier but the LTR just makes sense.