News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah CO, 19 OCT 13

Started by Gear Head Patriot, October 20, 2013, 08:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gear Head Patriot

This month we split our Appleseed clinic, at Ramah CO, between two Saturdays.  The 19th of October was the second day of our typical program of instruction, except that the students had a week to recover and practice what they'd learned during the preceding Saturday. 

Having a week off provided the students ample time to recoup, and their energy out the gate proved the point.  With 8 returning students and 2 new students, we were able to fully apply the student teaching model with oversight from some truly outstanding instructors. 

The weather couldn't have been better, particularly for Colorado in October. 

When it was all said and done, two of our marksman demonstrated that they knew what they were about, scoring a 213 and 214 respectively on the Appleseed Qualification Test (AQT), and earning the coveted Rifleman distinction and patch.  Congratulations men, well done!

BrassBucket

What a wonderful second-day of Appleseed. This group of shooters persevered and maintained a positive attitude even when the inevitable frustrations crept in. The weather was chilly (ok, I thought it was freezing but apparently last week was colder) but everyone was in high spirits, maintained an open mind for instruction, and made this one of the best Appleseeds I've had the pleasure to help instruct.

A special thanks to a great group of Red/Green/Orange hats who made it such a memorable experience. The entire instructor corps was encouraging and always had an eye on safety. I hope to instruct with all of you very soon (hint hint Boulder and Byers).

Congratulations to our two newest Riflemen, Aaron and Matt, who shot qualifying scores at their very first Appleseed - which is no easy feat! You two made us all very proud. A special thanks to Jim and the instructors/IITs from the first day last week who gave them the instruction and inspiration to succeed.

Also a very special shout out to Stefany whose family sent her all the way from Missouri to attend her first Appleseed under the careful tutelage of TomCat. Though Stef shed some blood for the cause (hey, stapler injuries are a known risk at Appleseeds) she was a joy to work with and hopefully will spread the word back home.

See you all on the line!

Alice
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

TheDud

Feel bad I had to work, BrassBucket says that it was quite a great time!

Great job to the two new Riflemen!  :bow:

Prone to Knit

Thanks for the pictures, Alice.

A big thanks to all that were involved with this shoot, from the instructors to the students. Hope several of them come back and pick up the orange hat!

This was our first Appleseed split to two Saturdays. The students were grateful at the end of the first Saturday to have a week to recover. Apparently they took that time to also outfit themselves with GI slings as every one showed up with one ready to go on the second Saturday.

Great job, everyone.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org