News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saugerties, NY - October 5 & 6, 2013

Started by Another D.O.M., October 12, 2013, 01:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

The Saugerties Fish & Game Club  was once again host to another Mid-Hudson Valley NY Appleseed event, and once again the program attracted folks from near & far, with varied skill levels and a wide range of ages.

Thank you to the host range for allowing us to use your outdoor range for the weekend - particularly so close to deer season.  And thanks to the club's contact, Fabio, for ensuring that everything was ready for our arrival.

The weather this weekend was mixed as well - mostly dry on Saturday, very wet on Sunday, and with temps in the mid to upper 70s on both days.  A welcome change from the high 90's of the summer!

Congratulations and thanks to all of our students.  I know these folks woke up on Monday morning with a lot more knowledge than they went to bed with on Friday night.  And I'm sure I'll see many again.  In fact, I know i'll see at least one next weekend at Livingston, NY.

Thanks once again to the instructor crew - The Mrs. LittleMo and Grumpy1.  I've worked with these instructors - as well as several others - many times this year, and their presence and skills are always welcome.

I'm pretty sure I saw The Mrs. taking some pictures on both days, and I've no doubt they'll be posted shortly.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

The Mrs.

Sorry for the delay in getting these posted.  Technical difficulties!! :-[

I just want to chime in with ADOM, it was a great weekend.  Gary and I always enjoy spending time with the students and instructors alike.

I hope to see you all on the trail!!

Sue
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Grumpy1

Another Great weekend for America and Project Appleseed at The Saugerties Fish and Game Club.
A Big Thanks to Another D.O.M, our Shoot Boss, and my fellow Instructors Little Mo and The Mrs.
Also Thank You to Fabio for the help setting up, breaking down and suppling Hot Coffee :)

Saturdays weather was seasonable and twelve shooters joined us on the line. Students eagerly learned Marksmanship and Heritage with The First and Second Strikes. :--- :---

Shooters worked through Some small equiptment issues and concentated on improving Marksmanship! :~ :~

Sundays weather turned rainy with occasional showers and cooler temperatures. Nine shooters returned and quickly started grinding out AQTs. Rifles and students were dampened, but spirits persisted :---

Congratulations to our newest Rifleman John O0 O0, Nice Job!

A big Thank You to Our Newest Young Patriot Michael  O0 O0, you are The Future!  :bow:

This Weekend produced many new friends, that I hope to see again, soon ! :)
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson