News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Oct 19-20, 2013

Started by BeSwift, October 20, 2013, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Another tremendous event in Annapolis. Saturday saw 26 shooters on the line. With the rapid relays, the class got off to a bit of slow start, however all students got full attention and got their rifles zeroed and showed great groups and improvements during the course of the day. While we didn't get any AQT's in, prior to the poor light and rain showers, everyone was a in a good place to start off day two..

Sunday, saw 20 shooter returning to the line. The weather had cleared and a beautiful Fall day, led to great shooting and progress during the day. As we ended, 5 new Rifleman, were added to the cadre, with two of them cleaning the Redcoat target to boot. All students showed great progress and I'm certain we'll see most of them back on the line to continue their journey to achieve their Rifleman designation. All eagerly embraced the Appleseed message and took a lot away from this weekends class! Pics are posted on the MD Facebook page.   BeSwift

PS:  Forgot to mention 3 shooters managed to clean their Redcoat too..   
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

FFJim

Another great shoot at Anne Arundel Fish & Game (an anchor range!). It was great to work with our largest class to date at this wonderful facility.

Kudos to ABCGarand for stepping up and taking an orange hat.

Finally, a shout out to Seamas. He is a shooter who personifies the phrase "A Rifleman Persists". He shot his first Rifleman score after attending 6 full Appleseeds!!!!  O0

Big things happening in Maryland as the Appleseed program goes. Thanks to BeSwift for all you do!!!!

FFJim
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

FFJim

FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

MikeCee

Another great event from the Maryland Appleseed team! My wife and I got to attend our second respective Appleseed together and we're looking forward to doing so again in the future (although I'll be on my own as we move into winter :(  ).
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

Patent guy

Quote from: FFJim on October 21, 2013, 09:22:10 AM
Kudos to ABCGarand for stepping up and taking an orange hat.
Finally, a shout out to Seamas. He is a shooter who personifies the phrase "A Rifleman Persists". He shot his first Rifleman score after attending 6 full Appleseeds!!!!  O0

Great news!  Thank you ABCGarand for stepping up.  And way to go Seamas! (is that the right spelling?)
PG
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"