News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Norman OK, (TCGC) October 19-20 2013 AAR

Started by Scarecrow, October 17, 2013, 04:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

TriCityGunClub October 2013

faithfulprepeper

;D I had an amazing time today.  Very bummed that I will miss day 2 but look forward to the next one!

melaggie2001

Amazing weekend, instructors very knowledgeable, instructors in training ya'll did a great job!!  Remember to speak up voices dont carry well against the wind/russling leaves!   Thank everyone for a safe knowledgeable experience.

TomCat

We had an excellent turnout both days, with excellent shooters!
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

We have five new Riflemen:  Steve McGinley, Darrell Lynch, Dan Metcalf, Scott Zerby, and Don Zerby.  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Rinkrat has pics of our other Riflemen.

TomCat

Most determined shooters Justice age 16,  Josh 14, Zephyr 11, and Ethan 9, persisted the whole weekend, working those rifles by themselves, safely and proficiently, while getting a lot of good hits. We were proud to hand them their Junior Achiever patches!

TomCat

This was the most aggressive group of brass-pickers I've ever seen!

Surveyor1653

Excellent turnout!  Congrats to the newly-minted OK Riflemen and to those junior shooters.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

rinkrat

What a great Appleseed! We had an outstanding diversified group this weekend. If I remember correctly we had a total of five Rifleman and at least 4 redcoats cleared. There were many other shooters that were knocking on the door and I hope to see them return to get there patch. We also had a great group of Junior Achievers. Sorry for the photo quality not sure what was wrong with my phone.

rinkrat

More Photos

rinkrat

More Photos

Crowbar

First thing I've got to mention is what a great group of instructors! Lot's of good information & patience. I'm looking forward to attending another Appleseed in the spring (after hunting season of course). Thanks again & I look forward to seeing you guys again.

PS
Just downloaded the book "Paul Revere's Ride" as suggested and will be starting it this evening.

glock girl

Had a great time!  If not for my bleeding elbows I just might have earned a patch to match Dan's.  Gonna get it next time!   

SKSRifleman

This was a great group of shooters.  :--- 5 Riflemen and 4 Redcoat targets cleaned this weekend  :--- Weather was beautiful, couldn't have asked for a better autumn weekend. I was honored to tell Strikes 2 and 3 and Dangerous Old Men this weekend. Glad everyone enjoyed the history. Thanks TriCity Gun Club for hosting us once again.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

Scarecrow

Since perfection is normally unachievable, we strive for excellence.
This event ranks number two in the top five shoots I have been to in the last five years.
They simply do not get much better than this.
Thanks to all participants and instructors that made this event what is was.
Participants were virtually flawless on following the safety protocols.
The only sweeps this weekend were made with brooms.  O0
Many thanks to my home club TCGC for hosting us again.

Snow

I came to Project Appleseed via Mike Hall who told me about the program. My son, a 2 x veteran of the Afghanistan war, and I came with open minds. The instructors were super patient, highly knowledgeable and encouraging.  I could never give enough compliments in the instructor area.

As much as I liked the shooting instruction (and I really, really enjoyed that), I think that I liked the Revolutionary War history stories even better! The instructors gave moving testimony to the brave acts of our Founding Fathers and helped to bring to life the actions of those critical days in our Nations history.

My shooting improved 40 percent over the course of the weekend and I am barking on the door of successfully shooting a qualifying score on the AQT. 40 percent!

This is my first Project Appleseed event, but not my last. Everyone involved, from instructors to participants, were wonderful. I really enjoyed the family atmosphere and highly recommend Project Appleseed to anyone including housewives, hardened hunters, school kids, ex military as well as senior citizens. The instructors go to great lengths to teach safe shooting in a very fun environment.

Let's all try to bring ourselves back to being a Nation of Riflemen.