News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

B.O.W. Grafton, Il. (Pierre Marquette) September 28

Started by Mutti, October 01, 2013, 04:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

What a great event. Pictures and follow up with anything that I missed please.

It was wonderful to work with such motivated Ladies for the afternoon. I'd love to hear what you have to say - don't forget we do have Appleseed Weekends throughout Illinois / The Nation. We'd love to see you at one - tell them the "tums" sent you - lol.

Setting up:

Targets Ready?

Great condition Marlin 880 bolt actions loaned from IDNR for Training:

These were "tack drivers" once we got a few rounds through them.

Our Ladies have Arrived!

Working in teams of 2 Ladies/1 Instructor on the Shoot and See Targets.

Motivated group wanted Standing Position - We can do that Instruction :-)

A little more History.

"Fun"dementals are the same.

Tums Sandwich gone @ 25 meters.

Some preferred the AR platform with a .22 drop in.

Final Target ? Redcoat!

Thanks Jedi, PowderMonkey and Sherry. Without you this would not have been possible   ^:)^

**More Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/sets/72157636084761904/
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Maximum Ordinate

That looks like a really fun and creative event.  Good job!   :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

imadentist

The crew did such a great job with this shoot.  Many thanks to Mutti and the minions for doing all the heavy lifting and many more thanks to all the instructors who showed up to help.  You did Southern Illinois proud and I am sure planted many seeds for future growth of both the BOW and AS programs.

I believe that there are many dividends to be paid by casting our lot in with other like minded programs, especially those with a national audience such as BOW.  This type of event is truly a force multiplier and we definitely need all of those we can get.

Russ
IMA

Mutti

Feedback from IDNR:

QuoteSorry it's taken me this long to respond to your email. I've been wrapping up the workshop and getting ready for fall projects. Thank you so much for the hard work and effort you put in to make your rifle class a great experience for the ladies. It is obvious the shooting sports are a passion for you (and your family). That's the kind of instructors I enjoy working with, passionate and enthusiastic! Please contact me if I can ever be of some assistance to you or any of your programs. Please remember to put the last weekend in Sept. down on your 2014 calendar for the BOW workshop. I'll be in touch....

Mitch Ingold
BOW Coordinator

QuoteThe photos are great and a great representation of the shooting sports.  Thank you and your team of volunteers for staffing a safe, educational and enjoyable atmosphere.

Respectfully,

Chris Hespen
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)