News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine WI, Oct 12-13

Started by Trig, October 12, 2013, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

29 Americans peaceably assembled to experience their heritage !! Thank you all for making a choice to get off the couch and try something new on a rainy day. Mother Nature tested their determination with a barrage of storms, but everyone persevered as we cranked out 4 Saturday rifleman: Joel, Jesse, Sean and Jessie,  WAY TO GO!!

Thanks to Gun Monkey (Mike) and  Cinco  (Jess) for stepping up and taking an orange hat!!

Dr. Rich P and Beck both earned their well deserved GREEN HATS!  @&)

Could it be that Sunday was even better? YES!! We had a very busy day... The weather cooperated and we hammered out 3 more rifleman on Sunday with several so close they could taste it!!  Congrats to Jason, Jon and Ben!!  Nothing like the pressure of the LAST CHANCE of the weekend to bring out the best in you, NICE shooting Jon (10 out of 10 on steel at 400)!!

We were also able to take 4 of our new rifleman out to full distance and 2 were able to qualify out to 400 yards (the other 2 were very close, and only let up when sun went down)!!!! Awesome job Joel and Jon, we'll see ya next time for everyone else :---

Dave re-qualified with Iron sights (his patch was earned with a scope)

Special shout out to Nikki for the biggest improvement (high score of 90 on Saturday then hitting 203 Sunday!  We'll see you in December, I have a patch with your name on it!

Also to Olivia who was on the cusp of rifleman ALL day, but couldn't quite put it all together, keep at it and remember to dry fire! 

Thank you to Racine County Rifle Club for the use of their facility, and to the finest instructor core I could ask for. You guys always make my job easy, and THAT'S what is important  :cool2:

Pics coming soon!!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

ABinz

On Saturday commitment = shooting/instructing in the rain.  Way to push through everyone.

IronMayyven

My improvement this last weekend PROVES that if you listen and drink the Kool-Aid you'll become a better marksman...er, woman!  :cool2:  I'll be back for my rifleman patch!   :---  Thanks to all the instructors for everything they did this weekend to help me become a better shooter.  You guys rock! 

I also have to give a huge thanks to my dude, Jesse, for bringing me out!  I'm super proud of him for scoring his rifleman and ALMOST scoring his rifleman with the Garand on Sunday. 

Trig

Hey thanks for stopping by!   Jesse was SOOOOO close!  Too bad we couldnt keep the sun out a little longer, he'll have a "full distance" patch to go with that Garand soon enough!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Chewie

Group photo of the full line of 29 shooters Great Turnout!!!!

More to come when I promise
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Laredo

Wow, what a weekend!  Sunday was as perfect a day for shooting as can ever be hoped for.  Saturday was rainy and muddy and sloppy and totally awesome! 

Thanks to all the instructors for giving me my first weekend as an IIT and for all the coaching, mentoring,  and help.  Man, it's a whole different experience on that side of the line!  It's a lot of work and attention.  I loved every minute of it.  You guys are the real deal.

Congrats to all the new Rifleman!

To the Instructors at this event:
-   I had a friend come out for his first AS and he is already planning his second.
-   I brought one of the girls friends out for his first AS.  He is planning on coming in December
-   My Father in Law came out for a Sunday shoot - his 5th AS.  ...His 4th with this instructor core
...that speaks volumes about you guys!  Thanks for your dedication and commitment.

One last thing:  My daughter earned her Rifleman patch on Saturday.  I am a very proud and lucky dad!  Daughter #2 is close.  I can't wait to give her a patch.  I know it won't be long!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

jnm1

I had a great time this weekend, and just like after my first Appleseed I want to go back for another.
I was happy to get my Riflemans patch on Saturday, and almost got a Riflemans score with the M1 on Sunday.

That is two Appleseeds for me that I have scored 200+ with the M1, but not quite a 210.  I will have to meet that goal at the next Appleseed. ;)

I was proud of Nikki with her improvement over the weekend, and after we have some fine tune practice, she will get her patch at her next Appleseed. O0

Shooting 300 and 400 yards was a lot of fun, and proves marksmanship skills work just the same at 25 yards.  It is just a bit more fun to hear the thud on the steel a second after the shot.

Thanks to all of the instructors, they did a great job teaching everyone and helping to get a few more Riflemans patches out there. 

Chewie

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

DrRichP

This was a great weekend! Nearly a sold out event at Racine County Line Rifle Club. Our thanks to RCLRC for their ongoing support. It was great to see so many club members on the line this weekend.

Thanks to the shooters for making this an incredible event. Congratulations to our Rifleman: Ben, Sean, Jason, Jess, Jesse, Joel, and Jon (Wow, what's with the "J" names?). Some getting KD qualified too... most impressive.  My compliments to Laredo for re-qualifying (2×) and giving credence to the statement, "I don't get to shoot that often, but when I do, I shoot Rifleman" (You big show-off.). Great improvement was seen by of our shooters, BearCub, IronMayyven, and several others all knocking at the door of Rifleman. The rain and weather never dampened any of your spirits. You were truly the stars of the show this weekend. My special thanks to Aidan, Max, Joe, Livy, Jess, Seth, Garrett, and Herman; without whom, I might have stayed home.

Once again I got to work with arguably the best instructor team in Appleseed TriggerNick, Janir, Beck "Gunner", and Endpoint (I'm still shocked that they not only put up with me, but continue to let me hang around with them). My heartfelt thanks to Wolfie226 who handled registration, made the morning run smoothly, and helped instruct the remainder of the weekend. We should all be so lucky to have a blue hat like you. Also, to our wonderful IITs ABinz, ChewieCinco, Laredo, and Mike "Gun Monkey"; I can't thank you enough for making the instructors look so good by doing what you do. It is very much appreciated.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Chewie

Laredo going over safety rules

Gunner

What a weekend.....we had a full line of :shooters on Saturday and Sunday with as many returning shooters as new attendees.

Weather was decent Saturday morning through lunch which allowed us to produce some Rifleman before the rain and storms placed a damper on afternoon activities and shooting progress.

Sunday's weather was perfect which helped us produce additional Rifleman.......we have some other shooters that are close and should qualify at their next event.

Thanks to all shooters who participated in the event, in addition to learning marksmanship skills they had an opportunity to learn about key events that transpired between April 19-20, 1775. Attendees have a greater appreciation for understanding the sacrifices made by our forefathers to provide liberty and freedom we enjoy.

Congrats to our new Rifleman and our new Orange hat instructors who agreed to join the instructor team.  Congrats also to ABinz and Chewie for completing next phases of their instructor training.  Lastly, thank you to my fellow instructor team for enabling me to do what I enjoy.........meet new shooters and spread the skills and knowledge to others.
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Chewie

:wb: :wb: :wb: Ok figured it out my pictures were too big so instead of posting 20+ times I just adjusted the sizes so here we go hope it works now.......

1. First Shoot of the day hitting those Red Coats
2. Look at all the hands up showing their effective range
3. Jess (Cinco) clearing her Red Coats with a cold bore!
4. Prone Instructions (Thanks Cinco)
5. NPOA
6. Standing Instructions (Thanks Wolfie226)
7. Seated Instructions (Thanks to Bearcub)
8. Group Photo 29 shooters !!!

Chewie

9. Lunch and 1st Strike with Janir
10. On the shooting line
11. 2nd day IMC and windage adjustment during lunch
12. Star? What star? This team cleared their star sheet winning the team shoot. Nice Job!
13. IronMayyven shooting for her patch, so close but what improvement 100+ points in just one AS. We'll have it ready for you next in December!
14. Transition stage in Action
Forgot 2 pics
14a. Gathering after the final Red Coat on Sat
14.b Look improvement of hands up in their effective range!

Chewie

Now to count up our Rifleman for the weekend plus a new Orange hat and already working

15. #1 Jesse with 228!
16. #2 Sean with 226!
17. #3 Joel with 228!
18. #4 Jess with 218!
19. #5         with 217!
and then sorry #6 and #7 I did not get your pictures but 7 Rifleman that know what they are about  :---
20. Thanks to all the Junior shooters for coming hope to see you again (DrRichP wouldn't have a reason to show up if you didn't)
21. Beck Gunner and DrRichP receiving their offical Green Hat (Shoot Boss) Congrts guys you have done every step together
22. Jess (Cinco) taking the Orange hat after her Rifleman (I mean Riflewoman) Laredo almosted cried being a proud father, maybe he'll shed one when Livy gets hers in December!
23. Jess (Cinco) already at work on the firing line giving her first FIRE! command!

Great weekend + great shooters + great instructors and if I can use great again.... = GREAT TIMES!  ;D  ^:)^ :)

See ya in December  ..:..

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Flying Ferret

First off, I want to give my utmost thanks to the instructors.  Seriously, you guys ran an awesome event, full of knowledge, professionalism, courtesy, and of course, good ol' American fun.  Seeing how much you all enjoyed yourself while teaching us has given me good reason to consider donning an orange hat at my next event.  :) 

I can't describe the impact that this event has left on me.  The values behind Project Appleseed resonate deeply with my own core beliefs, so much so that I can't wait to attend my next event nor can I wait to give back and take part in the program.  Today I found myself rambling on about my weekend to almost anyone who would listen, and I even wore my Appleseed shirt just to spark up conversation with the uninitiated.

Fortunately for me, I work with Ben, Jon, and Sean (collectively known as "The McMiller Boys") so we've all gotten a chance to reflect and reminisce on the things we learned and the experience as a whole.  The jury has spoken: We want more!  In fact, I've already registered for the December event at the RCLRC.  :)

Before attending, I'd never thought it possible to ring steel at 400 yards without a bench and a bi-pod and sandbags and match ammo and a hi-power scope and a 2lb trigger, ad infinitum.  Nor did I think anyone could "call their shots" with iron sights (I honestly thought those people were just guessing or lying through their teeth!).  Nor did I think anyone could achieve any kind of appreciable marksmanship with run-of-the-mill rifles and ammo.  Indeed, I was proven wrong on ALL of those points.  After learning and applying the tenants of a proper shooting foundation, the "art of shooting" became suddenly clear(er).  The stability and precision given by those fundamentals is plainly seen both through your sights and on the resulting target!  Of course, I can prattle on about the wonders of effective shooting, but it's likely that I'm only preaching to the choir here.  Suffice it to say, benchrest shooting is forever ruined for me. :)

Thanks again to the instructors, the RCLRC, and to my fellow classmates for making this experience truly remarkable.

Chewie

Glad to hear that Joel, we will see you in December there will be an orange hat there waiting for you. It's amazing how something so simple as hanging out and shooting while learning about one day can change things for people. Bring Ben, Jon, and Sean back with you plenty of room and a blue patch will be available. I might try for that myself.

Thanks for the kind words and see you again soon

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Trig

Flying Ferret/Joel and jnm1/Jesse,

Welcome to the forum!!  I'm glad you and your crew enjoyed your weekend, and we look forward to seeing you in December....with friends, of course!!  ~~:)     It was a lot of fun seeing "the lightbulb" turn on for you guys, then the ear to ear grin you all developed when hitting the steel plate out at 400 yards makes everything worth it for us instructors.

Joel, I have a hat with your name on it.     @&)

Jesse, same for you if you decide to go that route (we need all the help we can get!)

See you on the trail.
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Trig

Thanks for all the pix Chewie!  :bow:
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Buck Shot

looks like a great shoot good job to new rifleman ;D

Chewie

:pics:

Ill be sure to bring my camera to all future shoots.  :sb: itll be part of my soap box  ;D

martin

Nice job everyone! O0 Congratulations to Dr.Rich and Ralph on getting their greenies
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

dragonfly

WOW, Good Times  :) :) O0 O0

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.