News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help needed in Gainesville, FL

Started by 9mm4545, September 30, 2013, 09:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

We are sneaking up on an event in Gainesville on Oct. 12-13--and we have exactly zero pre-registered shooters! Don't know what is going on as this range usually has decent attendance. Can anyone help get the word out so we don't have to cancel this shoot? The fabulous Mr. Pete will be the shoot boss and if you have not been to one of his shoots, you need to go, and bring all your friends, relatives, co-workers, neighbors, and casual acquaintances. If you need to, you can also drag complete strangers off the street; just get them to an Appleseed. If you live in the G-ville area and need promotional help or materials, just ask and it will be forthcoming.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

smoakingun

so far the folks I have talked to about this event have the same issue...ammo. They either can't find it, or if they do, it is prohibitively expensive.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

I have a neighbor who would make 2000 rounds of bulk ammo available at $30/500 if that would bring anyone out. Not a smoakin' hot deal but better than some. If there is interest we can figure a way of getting it to you.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

douglas34474

I was going to run up and see what's going on. It's finally getting cool enough to come out and play. Bummer.  :(

PHenry

Man, this low attendance is like a plague! I have run two three shooters events near back to back and heading this weekend to run a four shooter event. All three at well established venues. We need to get the word out! I just hate gettin all dressed up and having so few to dance with.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

malabar

Our event last weekend in Palm Bay drew 21 shooters.

We were feeling a little understaffed because seven were kids and took a lot of supervision.

Thanks to Tomblin for driving down and helping out!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

PHenry

The Tomblin clan - all three of them, are in the top ten most active instructors for 2013. My hat is off to them! They have bailed us out more often than I can stand to recall.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata