News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI September 28-29, 2013

Started by D.O.M., September 30, 2013, 09:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.O.M.

We had another great event at Lapeer County Sportsmans Club!

Saturday was a beautiful fall day where we experienced shrinking groups and growing appreciation for our shared history and heritage.

Sunday started out with a red sky followed by rain and finished with a marvelous sunset.
Between the sunrise and sunset we saw 3 intrepid shooters earn their Rifleman patches. Congratulations to Tom. It's just like riding a bike, isn't it? It was heartwarming to see the father daughter team of John and Faith who scored just right to share a baptism in water that actually passed under the North Bridge! (thanks Number 6). Kinzie, you worked hard for those scores! Congratulations.
We had many others that were knocking on the door, and their persistence was evident.
Folks, I worked with the future of this country at this event, and I'll tell you, we have a bright future!
My sincere thanks to all the parents of these kids for doing such a great job, and to all the young folks for hanging in there until the end!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Whippet

Great shooters in the Icehouse 3/5 of them scored Rifleman.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

D.O.M.

It's either the most excellent instruction,  :cool2:

or perhaps it was the altitude increase.  #)

I almost forgot, what about the three kids who took home prizes for the fun shoot (parkers revenge) Tadziu, Faith and Alex. Great teamwork!

I'm sure we'll see some
Pics up here at some point
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

ICEMAN

"Those who trade freedom for a little temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security." - Benjamin Franklin

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Superheat

Thanks to ITB for stepping in for me.  I was under the weather.

I'm waiting to hear the story of the smooth bore Marlin.  Can someone take us through that so next time we will be able to diagnose it faster.?

Caliper

What a great shoot!  Sad I could only make one day... 

It's not always we see a group of students jumping in with answers on IMC and remembering the Six Steps like these guys!  No wonder there were new Riflemen (and women) Sunday! 

Oh, I seem to have come up short three mags for a loaner 597.  If anyone comes across them, drop me a PM.   edit: mags located, thanks!

Roundballer

Quote from: ICEMAN on October 01, 2013, 05:29:41 PM
Hey,   

:pics:

I had been hoping for a very specific picture of a young lady that finally took the opportunity to shoot a specific "gun".  I don't look like her dad has posted any pictures.

I would hope that every instructor takes the opportunity to shoot this.  It puts you a little closer to actually walking the walk.