News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT Sept 28/29

Started by lumberjack55, September 30, 2013, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

We had 11 enthusiastic shooters turn out this cool and drizzly weekend, embarking upon the Rifleman's journey.  In spite of cool and damp weather (instructors were thankful to avoid a repeat of last year's Aqua-Seed), great strides were made in the skilled handling of our rifles and the spirited presentation of the stories of Lexington and Concord and the INDIVIDUAL choices so many men and women made brought our shared heritage home to all in attendance. 

We were happy to mint one brand new Rifleman (shooting a bolt action no less!) and were pleased to see improvement by all, with several  other shooters scoring above 190.  DRY PRACTICE and next time you folks will get your patch!

Thanks to all the shooters who made it such a great weekend, and the awesome NW MT instructor corp!  You guys are the muscle and bone of Appleseed.

Feel free to post or comment on pics below, remember to dry practice, practice active citizenship, and bring a friend to the next shoot!  Couer d'Alene Oct 18/19, and Nov 16/17, and Great Falls Dec 7/8.

Cheers,
lumberjack55

lumberjack55

More photos!

lumberjack55

more

lumberjack55

more

lumberjack55

more again

lumberjack55

yes

Patriot Gal

This was a picture perfect example of an Appleseed shoot!  lumberjack did an A1 job as SBIT surrounded by a hard working instructor crew!  And speaking of hard working...every single student showed up for the shoot, showed "very well what they were about" even if they didn't achieve Rifleman (this time).  They were open minded, enthusiastic student throughout!  I even heard one student remind another about the need to "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!"

Where have I heard that before!!!??

The Scores on the AQTs continued to climb throughout the 2 days.  It was impressive to watch such dramatic improvement.  The students were in agreement that they had a great time, learned something about shooting and even more about our American Revolutionary Forefathers and Mothers!!  They considered it time in the wind and rain well spent!! 

As my first time participating in Montana Appleseed, I was very pleased and impressed by the instructor crew.  They all jumped in, worked hard and made the shoot a success!

It was my pleasure to SB with lumberjack as SBIT.  Made my job super easy!!  O0

So, to all the instructors and the students at Columbia Falls this past weekend...
Thanks for all you do for Appleseed!  O0
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Carlson

Is that a Red Hat I see on Peter's Head.    ^:)^  Congratulations   ^:)^  O0   

Patriot Gal

I am pleased to announce that Peter was not the only one to have a hat change....

lumberjack was presented with his Shoot Boss hat this weekend!!!

Help me in congratulating him!!!
~Patriot Gal~
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

George Hacker

Congratulations to both of the instructors who were promoted.  Huzzah! ^:)^

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

eert

HEY HEY!

I was watching your weather thinking you might make it a Winterseed, but the temps stayed reasonable.

Congratulations to Lumberjack 55 on the Shoot boss "promotion"!  Also a Huzzaah to Peter for making the RED HAT.   Both of you are great instructors and a huge asset to the AS Program. 

Some of those pictures looked like duplicates from last June's shoot!  I think I also see someone utilizing my squat (rice paddy prone) position! 

There are still some open slots for the October 19 and 20th Coeur d'Alene shoot for any who care to border raid. 

Hope to see you all soon!

EERT

peterlandsiedel

What a great weekend.

It was truly a pleasure meeting you, Patriot Gal, and working with Jared, Steve, and Ivy again. Jared was kind enough to host me and another shooter for the weekend.

We kicked off early saturday morning with a mostly new group of eager shooters. As Patriot Gal said after the first red coat, we had our work cut out for us as shooters and instructors. By the end of the day saturday, group sizes had shrunk by at least 1/2. By sunday, those groups were even smaller. Great job everyone! I am always amazed looking at the difference between Saturday morning redcoats.

All in all, it was an absolutely great weekend of shooting, history and making new friends. Thanks for the kind words everyone, I am thrilled to finally don that Red Hat. Congrats to Jared on making SB!

peterlandsiedel

Quote from: eert on September 30, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
I think I also see someone utilizing my squat (rice paddy prone) position! 

Since no one has mentioned it yet, the gentleman using the rice paddy prone position is in his late 70s. Simply put, he's the man. I can't even get into that position, let alone shoot from it.

Necee

O0  Way to go Peter and Jared!!!   :bow:  PG- welcome to MT!!