News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunshine soldiers

Started by bigiceman, September 10, 2008, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigiceman

Appleseed coming up this weekend and I am registered and ready to go. I know we shoot in real world conditions. The conditions this weekend will be a tropical storm. Is there a provision for calling the event and rescheduling? I will be there but don't want to show up and find out after the two-and-a-half hour drive that it has been cancelled or will be rescheduled.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Wade

If your going to Devilla I doubt that Scout would call it off becouse of a lil rain and wind And I know if The Guy is there it will not be called off Garrenteid!!!! :o 

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

B9

Excerpt from the Allemans PA campfire talk. Who said it will remain a closely guarded secret.....I will paraphrase somewhat....

"What gets three New Yorkers out on a friday night, driving 5-6 hours to get to the most remote parts of PA, to sleep on rocks, a hurricane coming up the coast, 4 inches of rain forcasted, eating MREs with a good chance of a bear wanting some also, to work all the next day and do it over again the next day? All at the whim of some crazy man (as far as we know) from NC."

Because it is important. Important like you have never known anything to be before.

A special note to you folks in PA if you are reading this. People from NY and VA handled that shoot and provided instruction for you. Shoot location arranged by KY. That kind of makes you want to jump in and be a part of the next one. Right?
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

colycat

In the 7 years of the RW, some men with no shoes, Kept on fighting for liberty. I am quite sure it rained and snowed.  Riflemen persist.

We will also.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Scout

We have another thread named Sunshine soldiers, so I missed this one, but I am sure you have read my post in the Davilla Sep 13-14 thread. No "call offs" I am not postponing the shoot, you show up, even ifit is hurricaning, and you will find me at the range waiting for you with "The Story" ready.

Check out the other thread and go ahead and come with no reservations about it being called off. If we have to go inside and have a rifle marksmanship discussion because it is too dangerous to shoot we will. If it does get called because of dangerous weather, you guys can come to the next one in Oct. or Nov. The decision is up to you ultimately, but if you are making it based on whether or not I will be here and be ready, then come on. ;)

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)