News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any more Appleseed events in the Miami, FT. Lauderdale this year?

Started by JORGE01, August 08, 2013, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JORGE01

I would like to know if there are any plans to have another Appleseed event, in the Miami FT. Lauderdale area this year.  Plenty of shooters here that are interested.  There are many events in the middle and northern part of Florida, but the southern part of the state is lacking.

malabar

Jorge,

we've gt them planned in October and December for Palm Bay, but that's about three hours north of you.  What range do you use down there?

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Prof. C.J.

They've had a couple at Hollywood Pistol Club (rimfire only) in Hollywood FL.  Jorge and I were both at the last one they had.  I think it was back in May.  Turnout was great.
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

smoakingun

Jorge is a legend! he is definitely asking about Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

JORGE01

Thank you for the compliment smokingun.  I am not good, just lucky.  Anyways I was referring to the Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club, or any other place near Miami-Ft. Lauderdale that might be having an event sometime this year.

ToneDef

I would gladly volunteer for another event in Hollywood! Just watch your head on those beams!
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Prof. C.J.

"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

BubbleHead

I would also attend any event held in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area.  I attended the Aug Palm Bay event and am planning to attend the Oct Palm Bay event as well.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." -Plato

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis

ToneDef

Cool! We have Jorge and jdjohnson interested. However, 2 shooters does not an Appleseed make. Who else is up for another Appleseed in Hollywood? Alternately, does anyone else have leads on other venues in South Florida that we can approach with the Appleseed message? I know HRPC has limited slots to give us since they have a number of other events throughout the year.
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Sly223

Let's get 9mm4545 to set up one more before the end of the year I will SB promo and whatever lets get a date on the books and make it happen great venue with a high turn out of shooters! ..:..
No Brainer!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!