News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is it wrong...

Started by draken, September 11, 2013, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draken

to have received the CMP shipping notification of an M1 just a couple of hours ago and have its serial number already memorized? :wb: ^:)^ ^:)^

It is an early HRA born on April or may 1953...
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

hawkeye

Yes , you should have too many to memorize the serial numbers.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

EZ3

Quote from: draken on September 11, 2013, 04:56:07 PM
to have received the CMP shipping notification of an M1 just a couple of hours ago and have its serial number already memorized? :wb: ^:)^ ^:)^

That's so OCD.  I love it!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

douglas34474

I bet you know how many guns you have without going to the gun cabinet.

You know what that mean don't you??

YOU DON"T HAVE ENOUGH!!!

Congrats on your new M1, they are fantastic rifles.  O0

draken

LOL... In my defense I was doing some research on the rifle and the serial number has a bunch of 6's which remind me of the six steps....

But I still remember the the serial number of of my first gun: a Glock 17 2nd Generation ALP818 (wherever you are, I miss you!) and the name of my first girlfriend ... hhhmmm I get back to you in that one   :slap: ...

I haven't been so excited about about ANY gun, except perhaps said Glock... It will be a long night...

~David K. Webster~

Uncas

Got to agree with Hawkeye, now when my wife asks "is that a new gun?" I just respond "no I've had that since before we met". We've been together for 15 years, I think she is on to me.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi

hawkeye

Buying that 2nd safe did me in with the wife.  She got over it.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Twineagles

My wife happened to be near the safe last time it was open and her comment was that looks full, you will probably need a new safe soon. That is one reason why I have stayed married to her.
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

draken

QuoteThis is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Sent to me on 9/11 ... Maybe as a reminder (like I need one!) of my Oath!

QuoteI hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

sorry.... feeling emotional now  ;D
~David K. Webster~

douglas34474

"I will pet it and love it and call it George."

Your new rifle looks like a good one. Most of the last returns CMP got in show very little use. My grandson an I went to the South store a while back and two of the four that followed us home look almost new. If they've had 500 rounds put through then I'll eat my hat!

I would suggest that to clean the stock just use Raw Linseed Oil (Flax Seed Oil, found at your local grocery store health food isle) and a tooth brush. RLO is all the services used for stock maintenance and will not harm the original finish. It simply continues what was done since the rifle was built. Let the oil set on the stock for 30 minutes than wipe off any remaining oil off with clean rags.

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

NHale

Quote from: draken on September 11, 2013, 04:56:07 PM

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right...

:cool2:

Appleseed: Because you never know when the British will come looking to collect back taxes...

draken

All cleaned up and ready to remotely punch holes...

Thanks for the tip on the oil and stock Douglas.

~David K. Webster~

malabar

Ivan,

Look forward to seeing it at the next shoot!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

9mm4545

I might suggest taking the Rifleman's Challenge with your new shooter: https://www.facebook.com/RiflemansChallenge The target is free and it only takes 10 rounds and 1 minute. Might as well see what she will do, right?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

draken

Rifleman challenge of course! 

My plan is to join PMRPC in January (as my Christmas and birthday present) so I can really practice marksmanship. My current range has too much variability on what's allowed depending on the RSO on duty... Sometime, only bench and slow fire is allowed, other I'm able to shot from sitting but never from prone...  I'm very interested in the JCG matches!

Malabar, so far my plan is to join the firing line on Sunday for the October event (unless we have a low student/instructor ratio). I own to myself to qualify with irons.

~David K. Webster~

Sly223

Its pretty, name Her!
Bring her to Myakka oct 12-13 and Ring my new steel! :~ :--- ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!