News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colorado voters recall 2 democrat. Gun grabbers

Started by Johnnyappleseed, September 11, 2013, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Good job Colorado !
Senate president Morse and Angela Giron have both been recalled . Appleseeders will recall these 2 led the successful charge to implement New York style gun control laws on Colorado.

Another group helping with the recall was RNC.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/09/RNC-In-Colorado-Providing-Support-For-Pro-Recall-Voter-Turnout
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Audrey

Waste of money. One official was coming up against term limits and the other was up for re-election in less than a year. Recalling officials because they voted on or created legislation that you dislike it not the way to operate a government. The laws were not passed in a vacuum or without the assistance of others.

Please note that my comments are not meant with any particular political bias; I'd feel similarly if it were republicans getting recalled for passing some unpopular legislation.

George Hacker

Elections have consequences.  This recall makes it clear that legislation that infringes on the peoples' rights also has consequences.  The recall sent a clear message (regardless of the expense) that the people of Colorado do not want to trade essential liberty for temporary safety.

Huzzah, Colorado!
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

oladcock

Good job CO! Wasn't a waste of money at all and yes, I contributed because I want my politicians to see and to understand I don't care what they think the "majority" thinks, you don't step on God given Constitutional rights PERIOD even if 99% support it. Democracy sucks but in this case it was turned against them. As for running a government? The politicians need to smell tar and wet feathers wafting on the breeze every morning when they get up.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

brianheeter

"Waste of money."

On the contrary this shows that politicians can and will be held accountable for their actions.  When representatives in government fail to represent their constituents the people have every right to give the misbehaving politician his or her walking papers. 
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Maximum Ordinate

The Colorado system worked they way it was designed.  It sends a message.

Proud of our brothers and sisters in Colorado exercising their rights.    :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mark Davis

Quote from: Audrey on September 11, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
Waste of money. One official was coming up against term limits and the other was up for re-election in less than a year. Recalling officials because they voted on or created legislation that you dislike it not the way to operate a government. The laws were not passed in a vacuum or without the assistance of others.

Please note that my comments are not meant with any particular political bias; I'd feel similarly if it were republicans getting recalled for passing some unpopular legislation.
There certianly are some 'R' type politicans who need the same attention.

Prone to Knit

So very proud of my Colorado neighbors for putting in many long, hard months against great odds to accomplish this. Some of those people are Appleseed volunteers. The work is not done here. The people woke up and took some of the power back, just as our founders intended.

Hopefully this small breeze of liberty will blow across the land.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

CharlieHotel

Word! The only waste of money was Mayor Bloombag's $370k to oppose the recall!

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

fisherdawg

..."smell tar and wet feathers"... I love it! O0

fisherdawg

Quote from: oladcock on September 11, 2013, 12:20:46 PM
Good job CO! Wasn't a waste of money at all and yes, I contributed because I want my politicians to see and to understand I don't care what they think the "majority" thinks, you don't step on God given Constitutional rights PERIOD even if 99% support it. Democracy sucks but in this case it was turned against them. As for running a government? The politicians need to smell tar and wet feathers wafting on the breeze every morning when they get up.....O.L.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

dreamerofdreams

Congratulations!  This goes to show how important just a few people can be, even in today's environment - and isn't that exactly what Appleseed is all about?  GOOD FOR YOU, COLORADO!   :bow:  ^:)^  ;D
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

TaosGlock

We did a massive letter campaign to King Chickenpooper (and other similar CO elected elected goons). He will be gone next.
Lots of other states joined in the fight to help CO. :~

Other states will think twice before pulling this type of 'against the will of the people' stunt.

With family, land and monetary interests in CO this hit home for Bluefeather and I.

The left is screaming foul, i.e. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Bloombag, etc., but we the people won, the enemies of freedom and their ilk lost, get over it. @&)

The Founders died for our rights and the system we have to maintain our Republic. :bow:
And this is the arena where we fight: the ballot box. ;)

A huge thanks to the CO Appleseed folks who were the point of the spear.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

ATM

This modern attitude that the electorate's participation in self governance is merely or even primarily to elect new rulers to govern us from time to time has been dealt a blow.

True representation is grounded in accountability. Way to go, CO!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Uncas

Bravo CO, :bow: perfect example of what can happen when a few people decide that the CAN effect change.  :DH:
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi

Bluesteel

The only "wasted money" was on the part of the anti-gunners who outspent the NRA 7 to 1.

Previously apathetic people are waking up to their rights being chipped away and have had enough.  Thanks to Appleseed and others like it.

This is a very strong message to politicians throughout the country.

Johnnyappleseed

USAs largest online gun forum wwwcalguns.net had a thread and link to contribute for the recall effort .
Many Calgunners were motivated to help against  the Bloomberg,DNC, planned parenthood, Bill Clinton influence exerted in Colorado to keep these gungrabbers in office .

NRA news played a taped  call made by accused rapist Bill Clinton telling voters to keep Morse and Giron.

Considering the nationwide  effort against gun owners this victory is especially rewarding .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

DrRichP

As my friend Endpoint said "Good riddance to bad apples".
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Taylor

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein   O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

RODGE

Well done, Colorado!  The message was loud and clear!  Run for the hills, Gov. Hickenlooper, you're next!  Elections do have consequences;  understand now?  As a legislative body, you infringed upon the rights of the citizens of the State of Colorado.
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

Prone to Knit

Saw on Facebook today that the Basic Freedom Defense Fund and Pueblo Freedom and Rights have joined up to take on the gun laws now that the recalls are done.

The Recall Senator John Morse page is asking for opinions on what to pursue next. They'll decide and then orchestrate the next "correction." Someone asked them to post what worked, how they went about the process, what mistakes they made, in order to help the rest of the nation in their pursuits. Hopefully, they'll post tips.

I think people are waking up in the thin Colorado air!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org