News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA AAR - August 17-18, 2013

Started by Camljr, August 19, 2013, 03:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

7 dedicated folks showed for Saturday's event. It was HOT! neaqr 100 in the afternoon...

It didn't faze them a bit.... most previous appleseeders, with 2 new attendees aboard.

Redcoats showed we had a lot of work to do, and that marksmanship is a perishable skill.

By the afternoon, the groups were shrinking, and they started to put it all together.

No riflemen Saturday, but gainingskills, and working on fundamentals was the order of the day.

Sunday saw 6 return with a Sunday only for 7 total on the line.

It was a bit cooler, with slight cloud cover and a breeze... We welcomed the cooler weather.

Most of the shooters were getting better scores as the day went on, and made some somewhat respectable scores, but the elusive rifleman patch could not be acheived.  Remeber, that dry practice, will keep the fundamentals fresh in your mind, and doesn't cost any rounds...

Thanks to Mr. B, who did a great job as SBIT, and Ventura Steve, who has the drive and determination to be a great full instructor, and did fine with the History presentations.
Think Strikes now Steve...
Thanks to Gone Johnny for a cameo appearance Sunday for the History presentations...

I have a few pictures,and will post them as soon as I downsize them.

Others, please feel free to post up your comments.
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

A few Pics....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

bartokk

Thanks to Camljr, Mr. B, VenturaSteve who ran an excellent program that weekend. It was HOT but we pushed through, stayed hydrated, and received excellent instruction. This was my 2nd Appleseed and looking back at my previous AQT's I went up 30 points. Still not enough for the patch but who's counting? I'm looking forward to the next time I can head out.

MR B (549)

Another great weekend of marksmanship with fine shooters showing up and braving the heat of Piru in the summer. I'm so proud of everyone who's scores improved throughout the weekend as they absorbed both the lessons and the stories and put it all into their shooting. Keep at it guys some of you are well on the way and I hope to see you all soon on the trail.
Much thanks to camljr and Ventura Steve for making the SBIT run smoothly.
Great to see you all

Mr b.
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Chickadee

This was my first Appleseed and I have to say, it was a great learning experience.  Thank you Cameron, Brian and Steve.  You guys are excellent teachers.  My husband and I had a great time, even with the heat.  We participated in another Appleseed event yesterday in Santa Barbara and Ryan is now a Rifleman  :)   I still have a long way to go, but I'll keep at it.  Thanks again for a great experience.