News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA Aug 31-Sep 1, 2013

Started by George Hacker, September 02, 2013, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Wow, what a wonderful event.  Weather was perfect - all sun and a cool breeze in the afternoon.  We had a lot of patriots join us for the weekend to learn fundamental marksmanship skills.  They all brought teachable attitudes (the most important requirement for a successful event).

Other instructors and shooters, please post your pictures and share your experiences.  This post will hopefully get you all going and I'll add more detailed feedback a little later.

Instructors - you were an outstanding team and a pleasure to work with.  I am impressed every time I get to spend a weekend with you on the line.  Our new IITs, Mama Bear and h8thereds, did an excellent job jumping to work to coach shooters and clear rifles.  River, our new blue hat, was also very helpful.

Thank you, Wolverton Mountain Gun Club, for being an outstanding host.  We had a couple club members participate in the shoot and the president and vice president of the club dropped in to watch from time to time.  It was great meeting your family, Mark.  I hope they enjoyed the stories and you looked fetching in your Appleseed t-shirt.

I will post more later.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Kimber Custom

Had a blast this weekend. Can't decide which was better, shooting on Sat or instructing on Sun. Nobody left with any extra holes, everybody learned something and there were a lot of smiles at the end of the weekend. Thanks to all for making this a great weekend.

TheSquirrelPatrol

I had a great time at this one.  A good group of teachable students, and they made a lot of progress.  I suspect a bunch of them will become Riflemen if they come back to another one soon.

The flags in a custom holder, centrally located. by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

Early Saturday Line by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

Early Saturday Line by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

Saturday Line by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

Early Sunday Line by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr