News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Custer, WA Aug 31 - Sep 1, 2013

Started by Earl, September 02, 2013, 01:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Earl here, Line Boss, Red Hat from the left bunker and a very fine Appleseed this was. Almost Canada, weather was clear and warming, or almost hot. Shooters listened, IITs rocked and three new Riflemen were found among the firings.

My pictures are attached.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Tracey_B

https://picasaweb.google.com/103938554850868586630/CusterLaborDayAppleseedEvent

Had a great time at Custer Sportsmen's Club this weekend. Here are the pictures I took, also from the left bunker. Thanks to all who came out to make this weekend a success. I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Prescott

The instructors in the right hand bay had a great weekend with the shooters on our line. 

I would like to thank the Custer Sportsman Club for hosting the AS event last weekend and for our host, Joe, for putting in the work to make this event happen.

Hope to see you all at another AS event.

Here are some of the pictures that I took of the weekend.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

theheelot

It was a great event, can't wait for the next one.

Joe Wilson

Smoothtrigger

Had my usual great time at my third Appleseed.  As Prescott said, thank you to the Custer Sportsman Club, Joe and all the other people who run the range. What a nice facility. My first Appleseed at Douglas Ridge in Oregon was a whirl wind and I was fortunate to shoot a Riflemen's score. I had not shot position shooting for more than 40yrs, but the instruction was excellent and learned a ton. My rifles weren't set up right ( scope to far back, no cheek pad, and the CZs bolt was tossing the case back into the action, etc etc.). But with all the help I was able to meet my goal. My second Appleseed in Lebam was much more successful because I was able to practice and had my rifles set up correctly. But way more importantly, I came with a teach me attitude, and guess what, that's what happened. I shot every AQT with a Riflemen score! Had a great time with all the other shooters and the history stories, as I have had at all three of these events. Then came Custer. Again great people, instructors, and a wonderful host club. The difference was my mental attitude. I came in thinking that I had this down and was all set to post some really high scores. Wrong Wrong Wrong. You have keep learning and put in the effort and stay focused. Did not shoot all Riflemen's and stopped learning until late Sunday when I got my act together. So the point of this story is to come with a teachable and humble attitude and you will do just fine. If the riflemen patch is one of your goals, the instructors will get you there. To me the real point of Appleseed is the history and our tremendous heritage, and that all of us need to be vigilant and involved with our government. The best county ever? Yes, but perhaps it's slipping, so get involved and do your part. Of course if you also have fun with the shooting and all the great people you'll meet, well that's just icing on the cake.

Smallfarmer76

Had a wonderful time with my brothers and my daughter. Hope to bring more family to the next one. Special thanks to Earl, Al, and Tracey on the left lane - they really made our weekend great! I still have a long way to go, but learned some great tips and was exposed to a lot of great info. See you soon!