News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carpooling to Brookings OR August 3-4

Started by Roland, June 21, 2013, 02:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland

All,

I am looking for a ride to the Backwoods Home Magazine shoot in Brookings August 3-4. I live in North Idaho and am wondering if anybody will be coming close enough that I could hitch a ride.

If I can make it, this will probably be the last shoot I go to for a while (college, ROTC, etc.), and I would really appreciate assistance in this area!

Thanks,

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Roland

BUMP.

So far, it's me and peterlandsiedel, who's coming over from Montana.

If we could get one or two more along the way, our chances of reimbursement would go up greatly!

PM for more details.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Prescott

If you are planning on working the Brookings shoot, please sign up as an Instructor for the event.   I am going to have to put on the full court press to get some additional instructors soon, if I do get more to sign up.

Thanks,
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

peterlandsiedel

So I am tentatively planning on heading to this shoot as an IIT, but when I checked the pre regs this morning I saw that we only have 9 pre regs. Are we expecting many more?

skiddyfisk

What route are you taking? I'm along the way, I think, and could definitely stand to save a bit on gas. I'm verrry near to the end though, so it might not be worth it..

Edit: Actually if you're coming from the north you won't pass through here, nevermind.

George Hacker

Quote from: peterlandsiedel on July 08, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
So I am tentatively planning on heading to this shoot as an IIT, but when I checked the pre regs this morning I saw that we only have 9 pre regs. Are we expecting many more?

Line capacity is 50 shooters.

Since there is no financial incentive to preregister (and possibly because of the ammo shortage) a lot of folks have been waiting to register for an event.  For example, the July 27-28 La Grande, OR event has had no enrollments for months.  We had one register July 1 and enrollment held there for most of the holiday week.  The numbers went up to 10 on Sunday and now we have 11.  We will probably have a similar situation happen with the Brooking event so we will have enough shooters to keep the instructors busy.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

skiddyfisk

Which reminds me - will there be ammo available at the event? I haven't been able to find another brick since expending my last one in Eagle Creek.

skiddyfisk

scoob

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

skiddyfisk

That link just throws an error.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

George Hacker

Quote from: skiddyfisk on July 29, 2013, 11:21:19 AM
That link just throws an error.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Sorry, that link references a message on a board that only instructors can access.  The Brookings shoot has been cancelled.  Backwoods Home Magazine decided to cancel the event because of low preregistration.  We think the ammo shortage is the primary reason.

Also after the Brookings event was cancelled, a few people expressed that they were planning on attending.  This is why it is so important to preregister for an event early.  We use preregistration numbers to determine if there is enough interest to run a shoot.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."