News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Dalton, NH Instructor KD Weekend - August 10-11, 2013

Started by Ninsho, August 13, 2013, 08:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

What a wonderful weekend!  The weather couldn't have been nicer, and I couldn't have spent it with a better group.

Saturday we had 16 shooters in all (all of them instructors from one of 4 northeast states).  After preparing the range we discussed the finer points of both shooting and teaching known distance before heading to the 25meter line to confirm zero.   Once everyone demonstrated a workable zero we pulled back to the 100 yard line where we started the Dalton, NH AQT assembly line.  Saturday we managed three full distance AQTs.  At lunch (provided by our outstanding hosts) we discussed various methods for teaching and running KD for a variety of venues, from 100 yards or less on up to full distance AQTs.  We also had a surprise appearance by the northeast's long lost MI: Nickle.  Hopefully we'll be seeing more of him soon.

Sunday we returned to the 25meter line to confirm zeros on our rifles to start our day.  Again 16 shooters went to the line, 2 of them different than Saturday (including me  >:D :---).  At lunch on Sunday we discussed methods for spotting.  We manage two AQTs before hanging some steel at all four distances, finishing with exercises on steel to help practice our spotting.  Shooters came to the line with 10 rounds and attempted to make a hit at each distance, trying for the shortest time.  Finally we repeated this exercise but borrowing each other's rifles.  What we teach works.  Just about everyone managed to pick up a rifle that was new to them and get hits out to 400 yards!

In total we had 18 shooters over two days, 9 of them qualifying or re-qualifying.  Everyone gained important skills and an appreciation for the finer things in life (i.e. full distance shooting!).  North-east Appleseeders, expect some great KD experiences near you!

Thank you all for a great weekend!

Andy in NH

This was an OUTSTANDING event!

Ninsho did a lot of hard work to pull this off and it showed!

It was great to see some old friends and make new ones!

For me personally it was great to actually shoot at an Appleseed event!

I look forward to doing this again next time.

Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

CharlieHotel

Outstanding Job organizing and running this event, by Ninsho! Squadding worked flawlessly. Those who scored all 5 AQT's humped 10k, half up hill.
Loved the Rifle swap on steel!
Great being with so many patriots doing what we do best. Expect to see some great KD sessions in the Northeast!

I hope somebody got pictures to post. Was having so much fun didn't think to take any myself.

Ooh-Rah!
Semper Fi
CH

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

VietVet

Very hard to explain PERFECTION.

Great Event, Great Weekend, Great People!

Really had a good time at this one. As I said at the end of this Shoot it was very informative and fun.
Put those elements together and you learn.  O0
KD is alive and well in the Northeast.

I'd surely recommend an event like this to everyone. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Nick (Ninsho) for leading the pack through this memorable "Instructor KD IBC".
It really was great.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

NhLibertas

A perfect backdrop for the event, the White Mountains. Ideal weather. Amazing range hosts. An excellent group of skilled instructors. Why was it that we left to go back to work on Monday??? :P

I want to extend yet another "well done sir" to Ninsho, his foresight and planning were outstanding and were the catalyst for us all creating such a positive experience. The opportunity to share tips, tricks, and perspective with so many other skilled instructors was a huge asset to us all.

Here is a link to the Facebook album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.608424909201673.1073741826.186407501403418&type=3&uploaded=13
Unfortunately, I only got a handful of pictures. Hopefully somebody else has more.
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

CharlieHotel

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

CaptMac

I took no photos at all, so I cannot help there. 

I will recall for a long time trying to hit the furtherest steel plate that I had no hope of seeing.  "You don't need to see a target to hit it.  You just have to know where it is."  And we aimed by trying to know how far our sights were held off from the buffalo. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

Grumpy1

This was an AWESOME  EVENT! :)

Thank You to Ninsho, You did a fantastic Job with this Event.   O0

This was a Great way to spend a Weekend, seeing old friends, and meeting new friends. :)

The class curriculum was thorough, and putting it right into practical evolutions definitly reinforced the lesson plan.

I would recommend this to every instructor, and I would plan on attending again!

Thank You to Everyone Involved ! O0
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Smurf

I have been looking forward to reading the AAR of this event as I was sure it would be a good one. And much to my happy surprise the AAR exceeded my greatest expectations.

If I read correctly, MI "NICKLE" was there. OUTSTANDING!!!!! There is no measure to the joy that I am sure so many others shall also feel when they read those words.

Dude

Absolutely top notch effort by all involved, especially Ninsho. Squad system works great.  O0

Can't wait to attend another or help put one together over in our neck of the woods.

Now, if we had a nice 400 yd range over here in NY-- oh wait! We do!  ;)

Also, GREAT to see Nickel!  ^:)^
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

TOMINCT

Late, but more pics.

It was a great weekend with the Northeast crew!

A big thanks to Ninsho for putting this together and to the Dalton Gang club for use of the range.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13