News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames, Iowa, 17-18 Aug 2013

Started by IXOYE, August 20, 2013, 12:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had an excellent event in Ames. There were 13 shooters with 6 earning their rifleman patches. Congratulations to Pat, Sam, Shane, Joe, Dave, and Rich. Two or three more were knocking at the door. Keep working on it and you'll get there guys!

Several shooters brought out M1 Garands on Sunday. A few of them hadn't even been shot yet so we sighted them in at 25 yards and then moved over to shoot at 100 and 200 yards. It was fun to see everyone applying their skills and shooting good groups at the 200 yard line.

Here are some pictures from our event.

Checking targets

Buzz starting his IMC discussion

Instruction at the targets

Carding sights

Carding sights

Demonstrating seated position

Standing

Working on seated position

Five more seconds

Finishing stage 4

Standing together

All on target

Starting fresh on Sunday

Shooting stage one

Shooting stage two

Shooting stage three

Buzz giving some pointers

Sighting in the Garands

Two Garands fresh from the CMP

Checking zero on his new Garand

Kicking up some dirt at 100 yards

.30 Cal line on Sunday

The Sunday group

Slinging up during prep

Alex our Shoot Boss

An excellent start

Waiting to transition

Father and son

OUR NEW RIFLEMEN

Saturday afternoon riflemen

Sunday morning riflemen

Sunday afternoon rifleman

Our new riflemen
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

JOEMORGAN

Buzz is everywhere!  Way to go guys!   O0
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Ames

Here are a few more pictures of the Ames Event.  They include shots of Buzz, Rex and Alex in action, providing great instruction.  Thank you guys for taking the time to do this event!  It is greatly appreciated.  Thanks also to Mark for helping set up the range and tear down.  And finally, thanks to the Ames Izaak Walton League.  They continue to be great hosts for Appleseed events.  Feel free to drop them a note of appreciation:  http://www.amesikes.org/en/contact_us/.

gerridm

Thank you to all the instructors and support staff on this event.  It was my second Appleseed event and I'm glad i did it.  It allowed me to review the steps for making the shot, and that I could still shoot a rifleman score.  I also enjoyed hearing the history again as well as getting some additional instruction with my Garand on the afternoon of the second day. 

Thanks again.
Gerridm

agff

I would also like to express my thanks to the all the instructors and those that took the time to aid in setting up for the event.  This was my 2nd appleseed and to make rifleman was a mission of mine that started at Northwood last year.  It was a great way to break in a new marlin rifle and also get some solid time the new CMP Special.  The range was a great set of facilities to have the use of.  It was interesting to hear the tale given from a different group of people.  Thanks again all for a great weekend.