News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ossian, IN. 8/31-9/1, 2013

Started by Graywolf, September 03, 2013, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a fantastic time we had in Ossian!  We had an outstanding group of shooters, enjoyed a fantastic range, and got to watch storms pass us by to the north and south but barely sprinkle on us.  You could not have asked for anything better.

Jason and Dave kept knocking on the door but weren't able to get it done.  Remember guys - trust your NPOA.  Brandon and Kathy, I wish you two could have come back on Sunday because  you were right there with Jason and Dave on Saturday.  It would have been a joy to see you shoot rifleman.  Hope to see you again soon.  Julia, I have never seen someone so young follow safe shooting practices the way you did and watching your groups improve was sheer joy.  Katelynn your shooting improved amazingly.  It is going to be fun to see whether you or Julia shoot rifleman first. Dave, Mary, and Ben it was a joy watching your skills improve and your groups shrink.  Keep at it!

A huge thank you to the Ossian Conservation Club for allowing us to use their facility for this shoot.  Thank you also for allowing 3 wandering instructors to sleep in the clubhouse Saturday night. It was much appreciated.  And did I mention the food?  My goodness!  You folks have taken lunch to a whole new level for Appleseeds.  Outstanding food.  Beautiful facility, fantastic hospitality, great food - what more do we need?

Well, because  :pics:  here are a few pics.  If anyone has any more please feel free to post them up.  We had no official photographer for this event so we only have a few.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Bryant

Another great Appleseed is in the books at OCC  O0 

Many, many thanks to Graywolf, 3Dogs, & Click who made the long journey from Michigan to help Northern Indiana.  I am glad to have had the chance to meet you guys.  Thanks also to the Ossian Conservation Club for allowing us the use of your fine, fine facilities once more.  I look forward to seeing the clubhouse this fall once your new siding is completed. 

I was blessed to have been a part of such a wonderful event.  It was nice to see such family turnout, both in the instructor corps from MI and on the line.  I was especially proud of our young shooters, Ben, Julia & Katelynn.  Their attitudes, persistence and patience was a model for us all.  They brought out smiles throughout both days in spite of the oppressive heat & humidity and were unwavered in their quest for higher scores.   

I sincerely hope Ben & his grandparents along with Kathy, who were not able to return Sunday due to family medical issues, come back to see us again. 

I especially enjoyed our fun shoot on Sunday where our red hat 3Dogs challenged our two cousin fathers Jason & Dave and their daughters, and our only remaining young shooters Julia & Katelynn to shoot out the center of a star.  The girls won triumphantly and were visibly pleased to have beaten their fathers.  I still don't understand how 3Dogs sights were so far off that he didn't put a single round in his own star.  ;)

Jason, Dave & Brandon, you were all very close and I am confident you will be holding patches soon, just relax and trust your NPOA.  I look forward to seeing all of you on the line soon.

Here are our sunday youngsters Julia & Katelynn (l to r) accepting youth patches from Graywolf.  You two ladies indeed earned those patches this weekend.  Well done  :)
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

wingwrench

What do you think of the Davey Crickett rifles?? (Pink -or- any other color...) Aren't those just the neatest little rifle to start a youngster off with?? What say you?

Click

It was a wonderful event down in Ossian. I glad I had a chance to see the wonderful range there and it was equally nice to meet Bryant. Many thanks to all the shooters that came out despite humidity. It is always nice to get the chance to meet shooters from different areas. We did get really lucky not to get any of the rain that seemed to come down everywhere but where we were. I will say though I was most impressed this weekend by Julia and the way she handled that Crickett rifle... Jason and Dave remember trust your NPOA.. you can do it  O0