News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como MS, AAR Aug. 24-25

Started by hornet41, August 26, 2013, 02:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Another great Appleseed at the Como, MS DSRP facility! Three families of patriotic Americans showed up to absorb marksmanship and history. The Webb's; Keith, Joanie, Emily and Joe. The Thomas's; Howard, Julie, Marshall and Ben. The Barnes with Brandy.
All present with the exception of Brandy were first timers!! The first redcoats showed that we had our work cut out for us! As instruction continued the shooters were very receptive and progressed rapidly! As is typical, dragging wood and dancing fingers were the biggest offenders! While showing how to adjust NPOA, Emily coined the expression- Booty Scooch!! That stuck and was used through the shoot to reinforce NPOA!
Joanie had problems with her knee and was allowed to stay in position during the transitions. Due to the knee trouble she was unable to return Sunday. She was making great progress though. Hope to see her again.
Howard was having problems with cheek weld on his scoped mini 14. We applied some foam and that did the trick for him. Marshall was shooting way high with his ruger 10/22. They had removed the scope but left the base on the receiver. That blocked much of the rear sight. The base was removed and what a difference! Could now nestle that globe in the rear sight notch!
Julie shot very well and closing in on rifleman territory! Ben persisted and progressed. Emily and Joe were shooting very well. Emily shot a 208 on her first AQT!! I think Joe was in the 180's. Keith shot a 211 on his first AQT and earned the Riflemans patch!
Brandy shot very well with a borrowed 10/22 although she had magazine problems. She borrowed another rifle on Sunday. The final redcoat Saturday showed great progress!! This group listened, applied and persisted!!
Everyone came back Sunday, bright eyed and ready! All the instruction on Saturday was reviewed and the AQT grind began. Emily shot a 213 to earn her patch and then turned around and re-qualified with a 228!!! Joe shot well and was at 208 but just couldn't quite get over the line! The final redcoat was a vast improvement!
A special thanks for the Instructors! Jeff came Saturday and Ebbin came Sunday. Photos are to follow.
hornet41

hornet41

Pictures---

hornet41

That was practice----

hornet41

more--

dart67eb

Gee, Mo, you'd think you could spell my name by now!   Anyway, we had a real good time on Sunday.  Keith and Emily earned their Rifleman patches and Joe, Brandi, Howard and Julie were knocking on the door.  I'll bet they get them when they come back in October!  Marshall and Ben will too, I'm sure.  Now for the pics I snapped. 
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.