News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI, August 24-25, 2013

Started by Rascal21, August 23, 2013, 08:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

GREAT WEEKEND!

Didn't get a lot of photos this shoot,   :slap:,  was too busy having fun with the shooters  ^:)^ ^:)^

What I did get are posted on the Project Appleseed- Michigan Site at the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.415483181895190.1073741835.240556109387899&type=1&l=bd5adff338

Please take a second and like the page while you are there!

wingwrench

A great big "Bless you, Thank You" to all involved this last weekend!!! Learned a BUNCH while having a great time with friends I hadn't met till then, as well as friends I've known a while; all without firing a shot!! (You can do that as an IIT!)

Thank you to all instructors for "catching me doing something right", as well as "helping me recover my fumbles" when thing went the other way. A great group of folks!!

The shooters were ranged from quite young, ( who was the young lad with the velcro-in-back goggles? What was his age?) to someone on the edge of leaving the alarm listers. William, you are an EXCELLENT example of great physical shape, impeccable manners, and a willingness to try something new outside an expansive shooting experience base. Lead on!!

Much more ought to be mentioned, but duty calls me to go earn a living for now....

Graywolf

What a great weekend with a fantastic group of Americans!  While we could have used a bit of wind on Saturday to cut the heat, no one complained about it and came to the line every time.  Attitudes were outstanding.

The biggest joy was watching Sharon go from never having fired a rifle in her life to shooting groups the size of a nickle.  Had she returned for Sunday I have no doubt she would have scored a rifleman score. 

Amber, keep at it.  A rifleman(woman) is persistent.  Remember: Trust your NPOA!  William it was wonderful having you on the line.  Your determination was inspiring.  You are on the verge of shooting rifleman!  Keep up the good work.  Cody, I think a rifleman's score is within your reach too!  Practice what  you've learned.  You're right there.  Amos, I owe you a youth patch.  Don't let me forget next time I see you.  Fiona and Sean it was great watching you progress.  Keep at it!  Mike, hang in there.  A rifleman is persistent!  Don't forget, everyone, the average is 3 Appleseed events to score rifleman.

A huge thank you to my instructor corps.  You were amazing - even you rusty ones.  I look forward to the next event.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Click

Thank you to all the shooters that braved the heat and came out this weekend. It was a blast to have you all out on the line. Hope to see all you you back out and on the line to get those Rifleman patches.  O0