News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Who's going to Lawrence ??

Started by johniim, September 02, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johniim

With less than a month to go I figure it's time to start this thread. The berm is built and tested,the porta-potties are reserved, right now it looks like we could have more room than we have people. Isn't that some kind of sin or something? I plan to troll a sight-in day this weekend and plant a few seeds. Well, lets hear it sound off if you're comming.

Sheepdog

I'll be there! I will be arriving on Friday afternoon. Can I get on the range to camp there Friday night? Also, is there an exact address for the range?

I'm looking forward to it and meeting some new appleseeders!

I fsomwone knows the answers to the above questions, drop me a PM. Thnaks, Mike
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

johniim

You will be able to camp friday I plan on being there no later than 1630 camping will be approx. 75 yards north of the range. The address is 53437 54th st Lawrencw Mi 49064 if you put that into yahoo mas the tack shows up about 100 yards north of the actual drive.

funfaler

First Appleseed in the Wolverine state!

Sure would be great to see it stuffed to the gills!

As a recovering Wolverine, the thought of heading back North to participate in this event is tempting......Autumn in Michigan.

Keep the pressure on, here, other forums in their 'hometown' sections.  Get the word out in the local area, flyers, contacting community papers, barber shops, sports shops, 4H, Boy Scouts, etc....get the word out, it is fun and easy.  

50+ Michigan shooters on the line, for their first Appleseed......Yea, that would be fun!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

TreadCarefully

Johniim and I tried out the range this weekend, in the name of the greater good, of course.

Works fine. Bring some bug spray.

See you there!
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

johniim

I ommited the bug spray so as not to scare anyone. But since we're being honest bring sunscreen and rain gear. It is Michigan and it is a primitive range.

johniim

By the number of replies I think we must have more lurkers than doers I know the flyer has been posted @both nuke plants in SW Mi where there are dozens of gun toting security gaurds so here is the challenge should you choose to acccept, register, bring a friend, and come shoot in return you get bragging rights. I think a little rivalry between the planst or even departments would be fun. no this is not a competition but won't you feel silly when an H.P. or two has proof of being a better shot than the security professionals. I hope this post lights the fire needed to get you to sign up.

TreadCarefully

Do you have any of the little folded cards with the one inch square? Maybe you can pass some of those out. They are on the site here somewhere....

slim

Quote from: TreadCarefully on September 09, 2008, 06:52:54 PM

Do you have any of the little folded cards with the one inch square? Maybe you can pass some of those out. They are on the site here somewhere....

Copy to USB and then take it to Kinkos, fire off about 100 pages (like $6 or something) and then cut them up (they'll do it for another $6 or something) and then you'll have about 500 to pass out. The flunky working the front desk at Kinkos will be able to align it all for you so the front and back match up and then they'll fold into business card-sized promotional material handouts.

Works great! Stick a few in your wallet for whenever the AS topic comes up.

johniim

I'm not sure I've ever seen the 1" square on a business card

BeeFree

Mr. BeeFree will be stuck in Chicago at a conference, but I have arranged a sitter so I will arrive Saturday 4PM-5PM, camp overnight, and stay all day Sunday.  Mr. BeeFree and I WILL make the Mechanicsbug, VA shoot in Nov., if i have to hogtie him and drag him there...

I guess this means I should register or something...

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

johniim

I had already heard you were comming and in anticipation of more than one female I went deluxe and got his and hers porta potties (realy it was the urging of my other half). I'm still working on my sisters and a few women at work. My hopes are to have enough females to convince my other half to go at least for one day. If she gets involved she can't complain about all the time I spend seeding and prepping.

BeeFree

Are you kidding?  Not even Ramseur went that high-class!  I'd be DEEElighted to see another woman at a shoot...it doesn't happen near often enough.  Of course, this week, it's cause all the other women I know who shoot...are out for Bambi.  Looking forward to seeing you...

BeeFree...who has to spend the this weekend feeding the lazy bees...while Mr.Beefree gets to hunt Bambi's mom.  Sigh.
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

johniim

Plan on sun and lots of it I think the weatherman might be right this time. How much sun are we talking? From 10 am on there will be sun. the range goes N&S the nearest trees to the west are 300+ yards away.

TreadCarefully

johniim

there is 1 less monster bug (the kind that won't fit through a .30 hole)I actualy shot one when I was dialing my scope after I mounted the reciever on a tapco stock I wanted to save the paper for proof but the boss threw it away said the skid mark was too gross to leave alying around

TreadCarefully

I'm not sure how those with .22's will be able to defend themselves!

johniim

I used a .22 (more effective than a fly-swatter @ 25 meters). Aynone showing up on fri be advised signage may be lacking so look for the green wrangler or black cherokee one of them will be parked out front to let you know you aren't pulling into a u.n. convention