News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors' Actual Distance Clinic, Elbert County, Georgia Sept. 14-15

Started by DrJohn, August 16, 2013, 01:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

We are pleased to announce an instructor-only AD Clinic to be held at Graben River Farm in Elbert County, Georgia the weekend of Sept. 14-15. We have sent emails to all the instructors for whom we have normal email addresses, but we did not have email addresses for everyone. We have been most fortunate in securing the use of a beautiful farm in Elbert County, Georgia, about 40 miles east of Athens and situated along the Georgia-South Carolina border. Of note, the venue has a 1,000-yard rifle range, a lovely farmhouse to which we have access and can use for accommodations, and is loaded with deer, wild turkeys, and hogs.

There is no cost for the clinic other than the nominal $20 per day range fee. If a person wishes to stay at the large farmhouse, the additional cost is $30 per person per day. I believe I share the experience of many Appleseed instructors in observing that the chance to shoot a full-size AQT at actual distance is not common. The chance to get good data on one's "go-to" centerfire rifle out to 1,000  yards is rare. Not only that, but more important, instructors who attend this clinic will learn the skills to teach the Actual Distance component during a normal Appleseed weekend event with skill and confidence.

I had apprehension before my first instructor-only KD Clinic that I may not be able to shoot as well as my esteemed fellow instructors. If that is of concern to anyone considering attending this clinic, forget it! The skills taught are done in the same way we teach any other Appleseed event, and I guarantee those who attend will come away shooting far better than they could have possibly imagined. Besides this, it will be a great opportunity for Appleseed instructors to get to know some of their brothers and sister instructors and share fellowship with some of the finest people who walk the earth. Please make plans to attend if at all possible. Make a reservation to attend by calling me at the number listed below, or you may send me a PM. Hope to see you soon!

In Liberty,

DrJohn
912 223-5808 

"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

DrJohn

I sent emails to everyone, interested in attending or not, but for completeness' sake, feel it is appropriate to make a general announcement. The KD Clinic has been canceled due to lack of sufficient interest. This was done in sufficient time so that preparations were not made by the owner of the lovely venue, Graben River Farm, and I have every expectation Appleseed will be able to use the facility in the future when conditions are perhaps more favorable.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

ThaiFighter

Greetings Doc...

pls keep your borders in mind when posting these.

I am beyond your immediate borders, but would be glad to travel to participate if I can make it happen.

Hope this finds you and your'n well!

W
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

kestak

Fellow instructors,

The last two KD clinics were very successful. For the sake to understand why this one had to be cancelled, can you please tell DrJohn why you did not take the opportunity?

Thank you

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

fisherdawg

Geeez,
Let the Alaska Instructor Cadre know about the next one there between November & February and we'll ALL come down.  ;)
(Wishin'!!! #) #) #)) :wb: :wb: :wb:
Sounds like an awesome venue and I have people in Aiken too.
Best regards,
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren