News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

~

Started by Rayne, August 15, 2013, 12:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayne

~
~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Pitmaster

I'm assuming you, like myself came of age in the 60's and 70's. What is our fascination with bucking society with hair. Mine was down about 4" below my shoulders back in the day. If Mohawk's would have been in style. I would have had one.

Have you thought about registering him as Mohawk on this forum. You know, for posterity's sake. ;D
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

scuzzy

He even has the kind of expression Slim gets on his face at about 3:00 am after a hard night of hoisting cold ones.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

slim

Huzzah!!!

When I told folks at last year's NRA Convention that I'd be arriving with a mohawk they thought I was playing. Then I showed up with one and the look on their faces was priceless. I found out a year or so later there was a backroom sidebar about whether it would be authorized for public use. They opted to let it flow (in the wind!) and for liberty to Rayne. (Pun definitely intended.)

Much to everyone's surprise, the mohawk was a resounding success and the best 7th Step tool this side of the full-size Brown Bess replica. What really got 'em though wasn't the fact that crazy hair catches attention but the story behind it.

"The mohawk is a uniquely American haircut. There are very few haircuts in the world that everyone knows the origins of and this one - everyone knows it's from right here. I'd imagine an adventurous young man around my age would've encountered this haircut out on the frontier and probably even sported one of his very own. Especially if he was liberty-minded. Nobody lorded over the Indians. They were the most free people around. My haircut is a tip of the hat (or hair, if you will) to those folks. An historic haircut and ode to a free people. My hair is a statement of the freedom and liberty I enjoy - and do my best to embody - every day."

Then I add a 'merica or two and maybe even a pew, pew. (Also works well with the ladies!)

grunt soldier

Slim you had me a Mercia and pew pew!!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

oladcock

Had a chicken with a hairdo like that once! :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx