News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RBC at the Home Range

Started by PHenry, June 30, 2013, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Pain Killer on August 22, 2013, 11:04:47 PM
There is a Walmart 15-20 minutes away, however ammo is impossible to come by there if that is what you are referring to. Ramseur is small but Asheboro is fairly large and that is where the Walmart is.

That'll do - wasn't really thinking ammo - more along the lines of food, camping supplies, and misc...

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

jmdavis

There is also a Walmart in Siler City which is east of Ramseur by about 10 minutes (depending on the route you take from the range). In Ramseur there is a drug store, Grocery store, pawn shop with guns and sometimes ammo, Hardees, a couple of other restaurants, a pizza place, a funeral home, Zack White leather (really good leather store), along with a hardware store.  Five miles west of Ramseur on Hwy 64 is a gun shop which has somewhat irregular hours. And 5 more miles to Ashboro. In addition to Walmart, restaurants, hotels and grocery stores, there is a tractor supply in Ashboro.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

AFTERMATH

Alright! So far I'm 2% through my trek! :slap: 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

jmdavis

I'm jealous. I remember my first trip to Ramseur in 2008.

I think that you will really enjoy this RBC.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

AFTERMATH

Quote from: jmdavis on August 23, 2013, 03:10:49 PM
I'm jealous. I remember my first trip to Ramseur in 2008.

I think that you will really enjoy this RBC.

Every one has been quite the journey!  Filled with memories - Let's just hope my automobile curse is broken!

You could always sneak on over there, we'll need at least one good shooter on the line.  &)

saltypaws

Don't forget Burrito Brothers! With Mexican Cokes and burritos as big as a Chi Wawa!

mmmmmmm burrrrritoooossss.... I think I heading up now for dinner!

Salty
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

Wally

Quote from: AFTERMATH on August 21, 2013, 08:13:45 PM

So, is there anything in particular that a guy from the frozen tundra needs to know to stay outta trouble?  I've never been east of Chicago.

from Madison, head due south to Bloomington, then east to Indianapolis. Chicago traffic bites. 
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

jmdavis

We need some updates. How is the first day of the actually bootcamp going?

Mike

Pain Killer

Any updates on the Boot Camp?

:pop: :pop: :pop:
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

ThaiFighter

RBC was an outstanding event.   I would have a hard time imagining a better group of shooters and instructors to come together and spend a week passing on and absorbing the skills of the founders...

I don't want to spoil all the fun for those that will be posting in the AAR,  but the week was hot,  exhausting and a heckuva lotta fun.  Our shooters showed steady improvement and many new riflemen and riflewomen were minted or requalified.   We ran the Appleseed Pistol Clinic POI for two SI's and several shootbosses from all over the country and the feedback was enthusiastic and informative.    THe general consensus was that the POI is solid and we need a system for qualifying instructors and SB's and we need to find a way to tie it firmly to the history we present.   We also need to finalize if it is going to be a one or two day event or both.

I got home last night as I have things to tie up around the hacienda before tuesday,  but Kevin should have a deep talent pool to pull from in terms of new IIT's and exp instructors for this wknd.   AS I left yesterday,  the instructors had set up a mock AS line with live fire and were putting the new orangehats through the paces with common shooter safety violations.  :pop:

I will leave it at that for the time being.   You and the rest of the NC crew were missed.  (except for Saltypaws who was awesome)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)