News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PicnicSeed-Niles, MI August 17

Started by Pitmaster, August 09, 2013, 06:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitmaster

Niles, MI is in the far southwest corner of Michigan. About 90 minutes from downtown Chicago.

We could use a couple of orange, blue, red, and green hats to help out. As well as loaner rifles. This is a pretty good sized event to introduce the club members to Appleseed.  Most members bring their families, particularly grandparents bringing their kids and grandkids. The club provides opportunities for members to check out all of the shooting sports offered at the club including Archery, IDPA, USPSA, .22 Bench Rest, Barrett .50 caliber, NFA, 3 Gun, SASS, Trap, Muzzleloading, etc. All shooting and ammo is provided by the club for free, except the Barret which is $5 round.

The bay we are using will have room for 16 shooters per course of fire. All ammo is provided by the club. Lunch is included. There are door prizes. We are also raffling off a Remington 22 rifle. I don't remember the model number. Raffle includes a complementary AS registration for 2 with ammo.

If anyone can come over, down, across, or up that would be great. PM me and Steelthunder to help. This is also a nice area for a weekend getaway with beaches, fishing, wineries, food, antiques, etc

PM Pitmaster and SteelThunder if interested.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

2 clicks low

Lunch by pitmaster is worth the drive.

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Pitmaster

Why, thank you. In addition to the pulled pork its also a pot luck. Most of the club member's wives make some excellent side dishes and desserts. AS volunteers don't need to bring anything I've got them covered.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member