News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lebam, WA Aug 3 & 4

Started by Kimber Custom, July 31, 2013, 01:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Is the line ready?

Still have a little room left on the line (5 spots as of this posting) if you would like to join us in Lebam, WA this weekend. Weather is looking ideal with 69* on Sat and 74* on Sun.

I will have extra ammo available for purchase at the event for participants if you are having a hard time finding shells.

See you all this weekend.

Don't forget to 'like' us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestRegionProjectAppleseed

Kimber Custom

Well another amazing weekend in the history books. 20 American's got off the couch to learn rifle marksmanship and American history. Weather on Sat was ideal and while a little warmer on Sun it was very manageable.

We forged 3 new Rifleman. Congratulations to Krista 217, Oleg 226 and Rex 215 (scores corrected).

Kevin continued to show his skills as a marksman re-qualifying with every AQT. I hope you are considering taking up a hat.

We did add two new orange hats. This was Oleg's 2nd event and Krista's 4th. Both of them know what they are about and have decided to pick up a bucket to help us bail.

Special thanks to Jean for letting us use her property to hold this event.

Several young patriots this weekend. Nathan and Cameron are both knocking in the high 180's and Noah made huge strides as well.

Stacy & Judy, I'm so glad you hung in there today.

There were so many people knocking on the door this weekend. Dry practice, dry practice, dry practice. Remember that a Rifleman persists. I look forward to see you all on the line again in the future.

I'm sorry, there were so many 'no picture' people that I can't post most of them.

TheSquirrelPatrol

I had a great time at this one.  One of the better Appleseeds I've attended, no doubt to the stellar work of our new Shoot Boss Kimber Custom.  All the shooters did an amazing job, showing great progress even in the face of the sun and heat peaking right as the Sunday afternoon fade hit.  We were still seeing progress and high scores up to and through the final redcoats, very impressive!

DSC_9235 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Such a horrible place to have to travel to for the event.

DSC_9253 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Kevin making another set of holes in the 5-ring.

DSC_9251 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Father and son showing that the lessons are sinking in.

DSC_9250 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Rick in the middle of an NPOA drill.

DSC_9248 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Steve in the NPOA drill.

DSC_9217 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

DSC_9216 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

DSC_9215 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr

DSC_9225 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Kevin getting a patch for the first of his many rifleman scores this weekend.

DSC_9228 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Our first new rifleman of the weekend.

DSC_9255 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Another new rifleman.

DSC_9222 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
And yet another new rifleman (woman).

DSC_9223 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Being married to the shoot boss means you don't have to settle for a handshake!

DSC_9256 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
Krista tries on her orange hat.

DSC_9245 by Squirrel Patrol, on Flickr
KC gets his shoot boss hat.

DrRichP

Thanks to Kimber Custom, and the Appleseed cadre that ran this successful weekend. Congratulations also to KC, Krista, Oleg, Kevin, and all our new Rifleman. Great job!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

George Hacker

Wow, what a wonderful weekend!  Great weather and teachable shooters - what more could an Appleseed volunteer ask for?

It was a pleasure spending the weekend with a wonderful group of patriots.  First of all I'd like to thank Jean for letting us use her property for the shoot.  We had shooters come alone, but we also had a few family units there.

Congratulations to our new riflemen - Krista, Oleg, and Rex, and to our repeat rifleman Kevin.  Well done!  We also had a few others knocking on the door - dry practice is the key.  Practice the 6 steps, transitions, and manipulating your rifle.  The patch is well within your grasp if you practice.

Bill - it was a pleasure meeting you and working with you on the line.  Judy and Stacy - way to persist.  I am proud of you both for hanging in there and coming back on Sunday.  You both improved a lot!

Shane and Noah, Don and Cameron - it is awesome to see fathers and sons side by side on the firing line.  A family that shoots together sticks together.  The same is true for brothers - Luka and Steve.

Oleg - thank you for stepping up and taking an orange hat.  Even though you weren't planning on coming back Sunday, you did so you could help us on the line.  I look forward to working shoots with you in the future.

Krista - congratulations!  You finally did it and shot a solid rifleman score on Saturday, then you confirmed it again Sunday.  Also thank you for taking an orange hat as well.

Kimber Custom - well done on running such a smooth and safe shoot.  Your new shoot boss cap fits rather well.

RL, paulw, and TheSquirrelPatrol - it was great working with you on the line.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."