News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooner, WI July 27-28 AAR

Started by Taylor, July 29, 2013, 11:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

We couldn't have asked for a more persistent group of students this past weekend at Indianhead Rifle & Pistol Club. Saturday's cold rain and wind served only to increase their enthusiasm. I actually think that when we finally did get some sun at about 3:00pm Sunday, it slowed folks down.

Congratulations to Wisconsin's new Rifleman Ken who scored a 214.  O0 :bow:

Congratulations to requalifying Riflemen/IITs Doc and CopperJacket at 218 and 217 respectively.  O0 :bow:

I want to especially acknowledge Ken's children 10 year old Jessica and 7 year old Joshua who were great students and enthusiastically fired their rounds in their designated-sniper roles all weekend. Both are future Riflemen.  ^:)^ O0

Everyone else on the line showed steady progress and Rifleman potential with continued practice and focus on the fundamentals. I am counting on seeing you all again soon (with some friends and family....don't forget to practice that 7th step too).  ;)

Thank you instructors for your hard work this weekend.  :bow: A special thank you goes out to AFTERMATH who came over from Wisconsin's western frontier (aka Minnesota) to run our KD line.  :bow:

Thanks Daniel for sighting-in my .308 Garand as part of your KD COF...something I've been intending to do since I got it last year. :wb:

Thank you Privateer for giving my loaner rifles a professional cleaning (another project that has languished on the "to-do" list). :bow: :bow: :bow:

Lots of folks taking pictures this weekend. Here's what I have on my camera...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

martin

Looks like everyone had a good time!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

Ahhh....   

Eastern Minnesota is so nice this time of year - I can't believe more folks didn't take the opportunity get out there and partake in the contemporary manifestation of the quintessential American experience this weekend - Especially so, with the cold flavor of Minnesota raining down.  Guess that's their loss.

We had the cream of the crop!

Some of the finest Americans and future Minnesota Riflemen to ever grace the sandy fields of Spooner did manage to pry themselves off the couch and are better for it!

Thank you to Mike for running a great event and ensuring that Eastern Minnesota remains fertile ground for the seeds of Liberty.  It was an honor to work with you and your fine crop of instructor apprentices!  At this rate, surely, it can't be long before MN has taken the shores of Lake Michigan!

Being that the shoot was in good hands, I was actually able to take pics this last weekend!  I'll post 'em as soon as I get 'em sorted, sized, and ready!

See you on the Trail!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cole123K

I wish I could have been there :'(  Looks like you guys had a good time
But things just didnt work out for me !@#)
Next time I will be there  :~
"Stupid is as stupid does"

-Forrest Gump

"Any one who thinks he can be happy
and prosperous by letting
the Government take care of him,
better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford

Since I own a FAL G1, only one of my dead hands will be cold...

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

DrRichP

Thanks to Taylor, and the Appleseed cadre that ran this successful weekend.

Congratulations also to Ken, Doc, and CopperJacket; your Rifleman has begun. Great job!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy