News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houston, Mo. Aug. 10th, 11th , 2013

Started by alkirer308, August 12, 2013, 07:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkirer308

Another fine A/S at BPSC ;D in Houston , Mo. We didn't have a large turnout  :(, But had some real ,Quality Shooters. I think that the threat of rain kept most away. Everyone showed a special interest in the History and Instruction offered. Had lots of positive comments about how much was learned on Saturday.. My reply was , If you think this was good O0, Come back tomorrow and enjoy more!!! On Sunday  we only had 4 shooters and after a short Devotional we got right into the meat and potatoes of A/S . I will allow Thursday to post the numbers <<< But ^:)^ O0 we ended up with over 50% making Rifleman.. This was the last one for 2013.. Look for others close and have fun.. alkirer308
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

thursday

3 out of five make rifleman!  Made me proud, but my favorite part was when we had them add 4 Minuit of elevation and shoot the 100 yard target  you could see the skepticism on their faces change when we went to look at the targets, wow it really dose work even with a .22.  Great work from a great bunch of students and special thanks to Alkirer308 and Duck Creek 51 You made this shoot work.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

connibear

Congrats on the new rifleman, welldone. Glad to hear it was a good shoot. I really hated not to be there just circumstances kept me from it. Big Piney has been an excellent host to Appleseed, as this was our last shoot for the year here, they really opened themselves up and went out of their way to help us. So a BIG thankyou Big Piney Sportsmen Club. Look forward to 2014.

A big thanks to thursday, alkirer308 and duckcreek51 for picking up my slack. See you guys in Rose Bud
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

duckcreek51

I would like to say thank you to BPSC once again for hosting the AS shoot.  I want to thank Alkirer308 and the club for all of their hard work and having everything set up and ready when we got there.  Thursday, great job at SB and keeping things rolling.  We had five shooters on day one with one getting Rifleman.  The best part of day one was after the shoot when Alkirer308 brought out the M1A.  I got to see a 13-year-old boy shoot one for the first time at a 14-inch gong at 300 yards and hit it 3 out of the 5 times.  What a great way to end the day.  The second day took off without a hitch and by lunch we had our second rifleman.  After getting our bellies full and some DOM stories we got back after it.  By 3:30 we had our third rifleman and a 13-year-old with a 206.  On the second to last AQT the 13-year-old boy had a round fire out of battery and after calling cease fire and making sure he was okay and all was safe, we continued with the last AQT and the redcoat.  Alkirer308 brought out another toy and we shot 600 yards with that; another great way to end the day.  Congratulations to all who made Rifleman!  What a great group to work with.

Alkirer 308 thanks to you and your wife again for your hospitality.

I will try to post pictures separately as I have tried twice and it has kicked me out both times.  Not trying a third time.   :wb:
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

thursday

Wow Mutti it's almost like you were there!
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

Mutti, how do get your pics to look so cool?
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

I upload the photos to flicker. (Free)

I use The free photo shoppe type thing to crop, brighten, focus, etc.

Choose a frame

Save and upload here using a linky.

---

It takes about 20 min. Per photo, but I figure everyone at the weekend  has dedicated so much time already that the investment of my time is worth it.

Wish I had been there as the Attendees looked so dedicated.  Great job everyone!
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

duckcreek51

duckcreek51

duckcreek51

duckcreek51

Mutti, I appreciate you helping me out with the pictures; you are the best!!   :bow:  I finally got pictures to post, but they do not appear as they are supposed to.  You will have to give me some pointers on picture posting at Rosebud.

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton