News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC - June 29 AAR

Started by Sadman, July 04, 2013, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadman

What a wonderful weekend for a Appleseed Pistol Clinic event.  We had 14 participants come to visit Ramseur for the second Appleseed Pistol Clinic event on Saturday.  The weather was wonderful and was about 10 degrees cooler than we would normally expect in the Carolinas this time of year.  Thank you to each and every participant to come out and join us.  We were thrilled to see you all!

I would like to say thank you to the instructor crew who came out to assist with this event as well as the participants.

Hawkeye you are doing a great job introducing pistol into the Appleseed program.  I'm honored to be there with you!

A fine group!!!

A view from the line:

A view of the line:

FiremanBob

A family illness prevented me from attending this one. I hope another will be scheduled later this summer or early Fall so I can be there. I think there is great potential in the Appleseed Pistol Clinic concept.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

hawkeye

Another great weekend with the Appleseed/Appleseed Pistol Clinic family! I thought for sure we would be rained out ,but I didn't feel a drop all day! I believe we have the basics down for the Appleseed Pistol Clinic course , we just have to figure out a Pistol qualification course that will challenge shooters. We are seeing all types of pistols at these events but I think we are seeing more Ruger MK 2 and 3s than any thing else. Maybe this will be the LTP( Liberty training pistol). Lots of other 22's on the market such as P22, GSG 1911 22, and several other .22 clones of full size pistols.
I hope everybody enjoyed this event and took home the history lessen to share it with others. 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

saltypaws

Great Job Hawkeye!
I have participated a few IDPA matches but have not had any formal pistol marksmanship training. I learned a lot and my shot groups definitely showed it by the end of the day. The Ruger SR22 I used was great! It didn't hiccup all day even though I was using up some 20-30 year old Wildcat ammo. I would highly recommend it for a LTP for a list of reasons. It not being finicky about any of the ammo I have fed it at the top of the list. Second would be that it is about the size of most carry pistols so your not drawing a long barrel out of a holster. 
Thanks to all the people that helped put on the event and I look forward to volunteering for future events!
Sign me up!
Salty
"We are paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded". ~ CPT Dick Winters ~

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong."

"Make good scouts of yourselves, become good rifle shots so that if it becomes necessary that you defend your families and your country that you can do it." - Lord Baden-Powell, Scouting For Boys

SureShotSpartan

It looks like the Appleseed Pistol Clinic events are coming right along!!!  Thanks to all for dedicating your time to this "new evolution" to the Appleseed programs.

I have a quick question, where may I find the red, short sleeve T-shirt worn by an Instructor in several of the photos? 

Again, thanks for all you do!

-Spartan
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams