News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northern Nevada 7th Stepping

Started by TrebleShooter, March 14, 2011, 11:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrebleShooter

Let's use this thread to discuss current 7th Stepping efforts in Northern Nevada.  We have a Gardnerville Shoot coming up soon, but there won't be a need for me unless we get those people signed up.  I'm dying for a road trip.  What's the current plan of action up there to get shooters on the line? 

featherblue

Well there was a big gun show in Reno this past weekend. Was there an Appleseed table there? That sure filled the line at G'Ville last year.  :)

There is a professional video editor who just moved within half a mile of the G'Ville range and has offered to do video work for Appleseed FREE of charge . . . Someone from the program needs to contact this man and get this deal going.

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

Chris_H

Unfortunately, no, we didn't have a presence at that show.

That said, the next "Big Reno Show" isn't until August, but there IS a "Crossroads of the West" gun show at the Reno Convention Center the weekend before the shoot (on May 21-22.) We may be able to get an outside table for that one, but I'm not sure who to contact...

No worries on the film front - I've been talking with Sean a fair amount for the last few weeks, & we're working on fleshing out the project & finding people to work on it.

As to the Gardnerville shoot, there's only me, LayloPro & Nero (an IIT) signed up.

The one last October saw only Arashi & I as instructors, with nearly 20 people showing up, and that was with NO promotions whatsoever. Both featherblue & I were very hesitant because of the unpredictable nature of the weather between Oct 1 & May 1, so neither of us really did anything to promote it. Nonetheless, IIRC, we still had, 7 or 8 pre-registered shooters and over 10 walk-ons!

In fact, every shoot we've had has seen walk-ons make up at least 30% of the numbers of shooters on the line, so if you want to take a road trip up here, Ashley, please don't let current numbers on the pre-reg scare you oft - more ALWAYS show up! (Even more than the walk-ons we know will be there because they don't like to do the pre-reg.)

And even if  the instructor/shooter ratio is too low, then it gives us instructors a chance to shoot a bit too! Heh heh!  >:D :~

Anyway, the time I do have I've tried to focus on the film front. I'll try to reach GG to see if she knows anyone with the Crossroads gun show - maybe we can get a table outside for that one before the shoot next month

Chris

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

TrebleShooter

Kewl!  That all depends, I should be getting my green hat in may, and my current job situation allows me one weekend a month, and I am grateful for just that. :)
I'll see what I can do, depends on the job situation, but you know my family, you get one and you get us all.  ;D
I'll get in touch with GG (email seems to be best) and see what we can do to get things running.  As Xeyed said, if you need any help with gun show stuff, let us know.  We haven't seen a whole lot out of doing gun shows (Vegas is a BIG EGO town) but those we have seen have been great for the program.  In fact, we have an IIT in the works from a gun show.
Let's get Northern Nevada rockin  :~

gglovesguns

I've been posting info about the show in various online forums and on my blog. Additionally, I contacted the Crossroads of the West Gun Show about receiving a donated table. We'll see how it goes! I haven't heard back yet.

gglovesguns

Sorry, typo... That should say that I've been posting about the shoot.

Xeyed

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

gglovesguns

I received an email from GunUp explaining that they are willing to accept and publicise press releases. Maybe we can write something up for each upcoming Nevada shoot and sent it to them...

QuoteGUNUP.com Announces Free Press Release and News Service

SEATTLE, WA (May 31, 2011) GunUp.com, the authoritative product research and social media solutions provider to the online gun community, is pleased to announce the launch of their integrated news and press release service for the firearms industry. The new, totally-free, press release service will allow firearms industry marketers to have their latest news pushed through the GunUp blog network and posted on GunUp.com. GunUp's press release service will have the ability to track posts, discussions and feedback on the press releases providing marketers with valuable tools that often carry heavy out-of-pocket costs, for free. Starting on May 31, 2011, marketers can submit press releases, news, images and videos for free on GunUp.com at news@gunup.com.

"Traditionally marketers have had to pay to broadcast their news through Internet vehicles that do not provide the statistics and feedback essential to a good PR campaign," Dan Hall, CEO of GunUp.com commented. "GunUp's new Press Release and News Service will help companies, of all sizes, by promoting awareness and discussion from our qualified network of bloggers in one, central location, and all for free."

The 24-hour turn-around for news and press releases will provide industry marketers with instant feedback on their new products and services. Working with GunUp's qualified bloggers, marketers will see immediate ROI and a shortened sales cycle by bringing product announcements and information to the consumers in record time. GunUp, the first online firearms community to support industry marketers by lending their expertise in blogger qualifications, have developed the GunUp Blogger Network by which members qualify for either a Members position or a Voting Members position within the community, again, all for free. All GunUp bloggers have been vetted for basic content to ensure they meet GunUp's general guidelines of creating a safe and supportive environment. Voting Members must meet stricter criteria and the Voting Members include the most influential gun bloggers on the Internet today.

garryzgarage

I need to know how to contact you guys when I am in Yerington to see if any shoots are going on, in Bakersfield they have one coming at the end of the month I am going to try to make that one, it will be my first one, I have HB 10/22 with a scope can I use that or does it have to have open sights, Garry

LayloPro

Hey Garry.

Scope is no problem....if you can't see it to ID it, how could you correctly shoot it? The original idea was to learn without "gear" being in the way, but scopes are a fact of life for some of us..... :~ :-\
We should be having a shoot @ Featherblue's place in Double Springs around the end of April/early May....really depends on what the weather does to his range.....keep an eye out, it's not far from Yerington at all....
See ya then!!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

featherblue

" . . . Double Springs around the end of April/early May....really depends on what the weather does to his range.....keep an eye out, it's not far from Yerington . . ."

What weather? No snow, very little rain, at least so far.  :)

-fb

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

desertrat144

Please send me the dates for N & S NV shoots, I'll get them publicized with Vets groups, VSOs and others that may be interested.  I have access state wide to most.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

SniperCat

Wife of RangeRat (SB), mother of TrebleShooter (SB), SharpEyedFireChild (SB), and Persistent_1 (IIT3)

desertrat144

Well here we are a year later with The Big Reno Gun Show just around the corner on April 12,13 &14th this year. Has anyone thought about setting up and manning an outside [of exhibit  floor] table?  Anyone interested?  See Big Reno Gun Show for detail, times, contacts, &c.

This would be a great time to show off the new AppleseedTM LTRTM, should anyone have one, or a prototype of it.

BTW, a happy and joyous Easter to all!

Just some thoughts.

Tom
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

featherblue

I have not been active for a few months and do not know what the "new Appleseed LTR" is as referred to by desertrat144. Can someone fill me in.

Also I heard that Appleseed has some sort of shotgun deal. Is that true and just what is it?

-fb

Transform

Quote from: featherblue on April 04, 2013, 12:58:32 PM
I have not been active for a few months and do not know what the "new Appleseed LTR" is as referred to by desertrat144. Can someone fill me in.

Consider yourself reactivated featherblue! If you check the schedule, Gardnerville is on for June 8-9.

The new LTR will be a Marlin 795 LTR (not yet in production) that will come pre-fitted with tech-sights, loop sling, and several other goodies. http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ltr-marlin.html

I've never heard anything about a shotgun deal. Seems unlikely. What did you hear?

desertrat144

I went by the table at the show today and visited with Browncoat and his lovely assistant.  The table was attracting quite a bit of interest with folks passing by.  Lots of good questions and delight that there was an ASTM presence in the G'ville area.  The lines may well be full in June.

Yodar

That just means that I have to go refill the tri-folds and shoot flyers that I left last week. I am working with their retail marketing manager and one other person in the store. Seems they go through tri-folds a lot.

As for Sportsmans, it's kind of "Just-leave-a-pile-on-the-counter", but I keep trying. Scheels is interested if I want to buy a gun and/or ammo. Otherwise ...

I am also working the smaller gunshops in the area with better feedback. Apparently, with all the pre-reg's for the upcoming shoot, It's paying off.

I'm beating the drum as loud as I can ... for now.  ~~:)