News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Time For a Change in Mississippi

Started by Determined451, December 16, 2012, 10:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Determined451

Due to my health I am not able to continuing serving Appleseed.  As of January 1, I am resigning as State Coordinator, and RH.  This decision pains me, but is necessary.  I was the first one in Mississippi to go Orange, one of the first RH's, and the first State Coordinator, and still believe that Appleseed is one of the best programs going.

I have always believed that you should lead, follow, or get out of the way.  I will be glad to help anyone who would like to take on the position of SC,and be glad to follow him.    Mississippi has nine shoots already scheduled for 2013, and is ripe for more.  It just needs work, that I am no longer able to do.

It is time to man up.  Who wants to take on the SC job?

Good luck to everyone, and it is my fondest hope that God will bless our country, and all who are in it.

Determined451
MS-SC
The Second Ammendment--America's Original Homeland Security

ItsanSKS

D-451,

I wish to thank you for your service to Appleseed and our country.  Your service has been an example for others to follow, and Mississippi has been in good hands with you at the helm. 

I hope and pray that your health turns around, and that you will eventually be able to return to active status with Appleseed. 

In the meantime, do you have anyone in mind to help fill the void? 

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Johnnyappleseed

Don it has been a pleasure and an honor to have met and worked with you .
You will be in our prayers and hopefully the medical condition you currently have will be reversed.

Thanx for all you have done for liberty and  for the great state of Mississippi .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dond

Don,

I have put off writing, trying to think of something appropriate to say, but it doesn't come easy. I have worked with you from the beginning and it has been a pleasure. I know of your dedication to AS and how hard you have worked at it. You are leaving a vast void, but quite a legacy. Sarah and I will miss you, as will AS. I hope your health improves and that we will see you again soon.

Don
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

oldfudd

Don my friend -- I'm sorry your medical condition is forcing your hand.  I've been privileged to have known you since the first MS IBC put on by dond, and have enjoyed working with you ever since.  You have always managed to surprise me with the depth of your knowledge, and I'll certainly miss working with you in the future.  Your detailed instruction on the nuances of trap and skeet shooting last summer was icing on the cake.  Thanks again.

Take care, and I hope we'll be able to stay in contact in the future.  My best to you and your family.

Dick
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

PHenry

Don,
I will say a prayer for your health sir. Many thanks for all you have done for our worthy cause.
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata