News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Got IBC?

Started by PHenry, September 06, 2013, 05:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Would anyone in NC, SC, VA, WV, TN, or GA be interested in a 3-day IBC at the Home Range near Ramseur NC? This would be a standard 2-day IBC  followed by a day of KD instruction and shooting. The IBC would come straight from former MI JuniorBirdman's POI as taught to me by DragonWood (now his bride). The KD portion would include advanced marksmanship ed, including come up and even mirage effects on shooting.

The range at Ramseur is one of the best I have ever seen. Wildman and Hawkeye do an amazing job of keeping it all going - including military surplus pop-up targets (reactive) out to 460 yards!

If at least 6 instructors are interested, I will offer dates and we can get it on the books. From IIT0 to MI, we all need a refresher from time to time - me especially.

Who's in?  :--- :--- :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Morpheus

Dependent on the date, count me in! O0
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

PHenry

I'll see if we can find the right date so u can be there to keep me on track.  :wb: Would be good practice for u - IBC SBIT! Huzaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

DrJohn

Definitely count me in, dependent on the date, as with the prior response. Georgia happens to be very busy with Appleseed events in October and November, but a prior Appleseed commitment is the only thing that would keep me away. I will even find some way to keep my farm going for a few days, something much easier in the colder months. I totally agree that we all need to get more training from time to time, especially me, and I would treasure the opportunity to attend an IBC-KD Clinic with PHenry. I have already started working on appropriate supplies. Huzza!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

PHenry

OK - here's the dates I have where I am not already committed (or should be)  ^-^:

November 15-17
November 22-24
December 6-9
December 13-15

These are all Fridays thru Sundays. Fri and Sat would be standard IBC per JB's POI and Sunday would be KD instruct in AM and shooting in PM. Lemme know if any of these work. I am nearly back to back from now until then. Once we hit at least 6 attendees that can make any of these dates - we can lock it in and I will get with range to make sure it works for them as well.
Many thanks,
PH

Morpheus

November dates do not work for me but I can attend on either of the December dates. O0
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)