News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alaska Appleseed After-Action Reports - 2012

Started by ItsanSKS, September 28, 2012, 04:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

As the 2012 Appleseed schedule for 2012 nears the end, I'd like to take a moment to recap the astounding success that Appleseed Alaska has seen over the last year. 

At the outset of 2012, Alaska Appleseed was blessed with 10 Instructors-In-Training, intent on unleashing the brush-fire of liberty within the hearts and minds of our fellow Alaskans.  Add a transplanted Senior Instructor from Florida, and you have a team that's looking forward to helping Appleseed take The Last Frontier by storm.

Four events on the schedule, 100 students signed up, with 11 instructors?  For the volunteer professionals of Appleseed, not a problem!

After Action Reports for each event in 2012:

April 21,22
June 23,24
August 25,26

3/4 of the way through the 2012 season, we've had a total of 80 students; we've already added 11 new Riflemen to the ranks of Alaskan Riflemen, bringing the state to a total of 30 so far.  Wait, 11/80?  A 14% Rifleman rate isn't too bad I guess, but we'll have to work harder to bring that percentage up at the next event.  I'd like to beat the national average of 20%, so that means we'll need to create six or more new Riflemen at the next event.  It's going to be tough, but with this enterprising team of instructors, anything's possible!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."