News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, June 15-16 AAR

Started by dreamerofdreams, June 17, 2013, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerofdreams

What a wonderful Father's Day weekend!  We couldn't ask for better weather or better shooters!  I was very happy to see so many dads out on the line.

On Saturday morning, 32 patriots showed up to learn about their heritage - marksmanship and history both.  We jumped right in with our first Red Coat target and found our skills to be about what the percentages on the bottom of the target suggested they might be.  After that, we started drinking from the fire hose and made rapid improvements.  Then we were treated to the story of the Three Strikes, told by DreamerofDreams, Kardiak Kid and Armaborealis.  By the end of the day, not only had our Red Coats improved dramatically, but we had two new riflemen to welcome!  Congratulations Chris R and Alex!  Finally, we made Fox4 get rid of his orange hat and put on a color better suited to his skills and abilities.  Congratulations!

On Sunday, 23 shooters returned while 3 more arrived for Sunday only.  We reviewed yesterday's lessons and then jumped feet first into the AQT grind.  In the afternoon, shooters who had already qualified as riflemen were invited to join PainKiller on the KD range - what an amazing opportunity this range offers!  The rest continued working on AQTs with amazing improvement.  Throughout the day, each of the instructors shared their favorite short stories - Dangerous Old Men, Patriots in Petticoats, and Brave Children.

At the end of the day on Sunday we had a lot of ceremonies to conduct!  Not one, not two, but SEVEN new riflemen proved their skills and on top of that, we had four fantastic Americans step up and volunteer to take on orange hats!  Congratulations to Riflemen Donna, Tyler, James, Andreas, Jonas, Tim, and Bob!  A big round of applause for new orange hats Steve, Tyler, Jonas, and Bob!

Thank you to the North Carolina instructors for welcoming a little invasion from South Carolina - you are amazing to work with as always!

Please feel free to share your experiences from this weekend, as well as any pictures you took.  I know there were a lot of cameras out there!

There were a few items left at the range after the shoot.  If you are missing something, please let me know!
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Pain Killer

This was an excellent weekend with great weather and a superb group of Americans. I had the pleasure of taking the new rifleman to the KD line on Sunday to shoot some full size AQT targets and confirm what they had learned. I also had the great pleasure of observing my father scoring Rifleman and accepting the orange hat after a great deal of persistence. Great job to my father Bob Smith and all the other Riflemen and women.

Please take a look at the picture of all the young future leaders we had at the event. It was an incredible Father's Day! Great thanks to our fantastic SC Shoot Boss, Dreamerofdreams.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pain Killer

We had 14 youngsters under the age of 16!! All very well mannered shooters!
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

dreamerofdreams

"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Dakota

Another great weekend at the CRPC! Thanks again to the club for allowing us the use of their facility!!!

I can't say enough about the teachable attitude the students arrived with, and the obvious improvement across the board.

The instructor crew has welcomed in this Yankee with open arms, and I am looking forward to many more shoots at my new "home range"!

See you all in September!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

cadams

Big thanks to Dakota for helping me get my breathing and trigger control sorted out.  I realized two things that I was doing wrong immediately when I got home that are easy to correct, knowing the difference between the apertures on tech-sights (kept flipping the back and forth which explains low groupings) and I was riding the stock way too high which caused stability issues (so much so my fingers were just about touching my face on my shooting hand and my glasses kept fogging up).

Rusty_Bucket

Saturday was out anniversary, Sunday was father's day, the weather was great. I forgot the magazines for both my wife's gun as well as mine!  Talk about having the Anti-Midas touch! ...That's where everything you touch turns to something quite different than gold.  Our "orangest of orange hats" (his proclamation) Michael Williams found my wife a pair of magazines and he located another instructor that let me borrow his rifle. Apparently my Savage bolt action Mark II is not a popular choice at the Appleseed events. Thanks to Mike and the other instructor whose name had escaped me the day of the shoot.  With their help, my wife was almost able to achieve her goal, she missed one shot on the red coat target.  I was able to shoot qualify and then fill the shoes of the orangest of hats. Thanks to everyone, as by ourselves we could not have done it alone.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.  They are the American people's liberty, teeth and keystone under independence...From the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable....The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference—they deserve a place of honor with all that is good...."  George Washington

Fox4

Rusty Bucket I was very proud to have you put another "hash mark" on that rifle as the next rifleman to earn it!  Frosting on the cake then when you then took over the coveted "orangest of the orange" hats. Congratulations and welcome!
-Steve (Fox4)