News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nampa, ID June 22 & 23

Started by Kimber Custom, June 18, 2013, 02:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to this coming weekend. We have a top notch staff lined up with ShadowMan, Flipper, Glasshunter and Scoob. Weather looks pleasant if not a little warm on Sunday. Bring water and sunscreen. There's still some room on the line so invite a friend. I've got extra ammo and rifles if necessary.

See you all on the line  O0

Kimber Custom

Wow, what a great weekend ^:)^ thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. I'll have pictures up tomorrow or Monday. Congrats to our newest rifleman Tad.

Kimber Custom

Special thanks to Nampa Rod & Gun Club for letting us pitch a tent on site.

Little side story; on the way to the range we had a blow out on the freeway. Got pulled over and ShadowMan says 'there's a kitten over here'

As a little added incentive we promised the lowest scoring AQT would bring home a prize. Too bad my family was on the line cause guess who now has a third cat?

Flipper

Oh it was a great weekend we added some new drills that were very help full. The shooters were great had really close scores.  :D Congrats to tad for our new rifleman and a shout out to Brian for coming very close.

For the record we ended up calling the kit Liberty because we found her on the way to an Appleseed and thank you Jesus the tire blew right where she was hiding.  ^:)^

scoob

What a fantastic weekend with a great group of shooters!   O0

Female shooters out-numbered male shooters 7-to-3!  Way to go Ladies!

Congratulations again to Tad, our newest Rifleman, and living proof that persistence pays off!   ^:)^  I look forward to seeing a whole family of riflemen in your future!   ;)

I wish I had grabbed the pile of AQTs to look at scores, as I hear we have a few more shooters knocking on the door of Rifleman.

Brian, you are there man!  Great trigger control and you know how to build your position.  A little more trust in your NPOA, and you'll have it nailed.

Lauren, you rocked it!  Don't wait for that "Christmas rifle" to get in some dry practice, and of course... trust your NPOA!

Lara and Toni, work on that trigger finger.  If it looks like a   )   instead of a  Ɔ   you're pushing the rifle.  You both did great getting into position.

Nancy, every time I checked on you, I noticed NPOA-shift.  Keep up the good work!

Macey, you're a trooper!  Your improvement with each drill didn't go unnoticed, and your scores prove it.  Listen to your dad, and some day you'll be teaching him something!   ;)

Mark,  you were missed on Sunday.  I hope to see you back on the line again.

Krista, thank you for coming out to the desert with your husband, and bringing your wonderful daughters!  It was a privilege to meet you family, and I look forward to seeing you all again.

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

George Hacker

Wow - what an awesome weekend!  Weather was great - warm, but not too hot, and dry.  Shooters all came with a very teachable attitude.  Here are the few photos that I had.

We had a new rifleman - Tad.  This was his second Appleseed event.  His persistence paid off.

Tad's daughter, Macey, received the Luther Blanchard Young Patriot's patch for her excellent attitude.  She didn't complain once the entire weekend.  Her scores kept improving and her high score was 116.  Last November she didn't break 100.  Keep dry practicing and spend more time with your parents at the range.

Shoot boss, Kimber Custom, did an outstanding job running this event.  Here he is closing things out with a stirring benediction.  He is calling everyone to action.  Like Ben Franklin said, "It's a Republic... if you can keep it."  We intend to do our best to preserve liberty.

Honorable mention goes to Brian.  He was shooting in the high 100's, knocking on the door to become a rifleman.

Glasshunter, scoob, and Flipper, you rock!  You were a great team to work with.  Keep up the excellent work! O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."