News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC June 22-23, 2013 AAR

Started by Pain Killer, June 24, 2013, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

This was a great weekend for the Appleseed Project at the Home Range in Ramseur! The weather was overcast, which made it cooler, the participants were very attentive, and the fellow Instructors were supportive! I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled the Wednesday before the event and I was not 100% to say the least. I have to say thank you to the Instructors that propped me up and supported me, you really helped me get through this event!

We had first time shooters all the way up the scale to a guy that is an ex special forces operator. The history was well received, and the participants remained engaged and asked a lot of questions. Thankfully we had most of the answers. As for the marksmanship, we had 3 shooters score rifleman on day1. James S. scored a 232, Bryce K. scored a 229 and Mike R. scored a 228! Huzzah! Huzzah! On day 2, we added two more, Mike K. scored a 227 and Chris D. scored a 216. Our 11 year old frequent attendee, Tyler B. scored his ultimate best score to date of a 204. Great job Tyler. We had 4 shooters  treated to KD at the Home Range on Sunday including the Ohio contingent that drove all the way down here just to join us on the KD line. Huzzah to all!

I have to add a note about the Super-Moon on the home range Saturday night. I stayed the night in one of the huts and this moon really lightened the night sky! When you scroll down the pictures take not that this was a pic of that moon at 8:45pm. It almost looked like an overcast daytime sky at night.

All the participants had a great deal of improvement with their marksmanship! It was really a great weekend! Thanks to all!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

I_Deal_In_Lead_Friend

PK,

Thanks to you, Lawrence, Bob, Sadman, Julia, Josh, and everyone else for a great day.  I enjoyed my introduction to the  Appleseed Project, and I hope to see you all again soon.

De Oppresso Liber,
JS

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war, is worse... ...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his own personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

--John Stuart Mill (1862)

"Speed without accuracy is useless, as is accuracy without speed, and both together may not suffice without power."

--Colonel Jeff Cooper

Pain Killer

JS,

It was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you. You are a very interesting person with a great deal of Marksmanship experience. I hope to see you back! I would love to see you pick up our Appleseed Mission and join us!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison