News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

John Day, OR, June 29/30, 2013 AAR

Started by Prescott, July 01, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

The first real weekend of summer showed up in its full radiance this weekend in John Day, OR.  We had a great event at the very beautiful Bear Creek Rifle Range.   The temperature was around 94 degrees on Saturday, and my car's thermometer read 102 degrees when we were leaving the range on Sunday.

I would like to thank Sheriff Palmer for asking us to put on this AS in John Day and for his efforts in promoting the event.   It was nice to get to know both you and your wife.

I would also like to thank the folks that drove to John Day to join us this weekend.   I enjoyed spending time with everyone and hope to see you at another event in the near future.

Unfortunately, we did not have any new Rifleman this weekend, but everyone learned some new marksmanship skills and left with a renewed spirit for Liberty.   As I mentioned on Sunday, keep practicing the steady hold factors at home and doing NPOA shifts.   Re-read the literature that was provided to you, as it reinforces the proper body positions.  Also make sure to do some dry fire practice, as you can also do this at home and it costs nothing to do.

I look forward to our next event in John Day, and hopefully we can turn John Day in a community of Rifleman.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Stuart McKim

Thanks to Oregon for a great Appleseed weekend!

A few photos:

Sunday Firing Line

Sunday Afternoon Redcoat Count

Luther Blanchard Award
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)