News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden's pavilion is going back up!

Started by goodpiper, June 13, 2013, 03:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

After many years of wrestling with the local authorities, we've got our building permit. Saturday the 8th 7-8 of us got together and got the uprights in place, put the plate on, and fabricated roof trusses.  ^:)^  ^:)^

The pictures give some idea of our progress.

dwarven1

Nice!!!

Now... is it going to have power? Heat? Shooting positions for the winter?  ;)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

goodpiper

No.. But it should provide shade, and shed water.

The Leyden Rifle Club's new web site:  www.leydenrifleclub.us .The Clubs VP put the page together. I'm sure I speak for the Club in saying Great Job Joe. O0

The Pavilion continues to rise.

exodious

Wow, cool! I look forward to seeing it this weekend  :)

voidoid

I just saw the list of original board members on the website- I'm checking to be sure, but I believe Charles Bolton (executive officer) was my great grand uncle! 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington

goodpiper

The pavilion now has half it's roof up. It provided much appreciated relief from the sun at this last weekends Appleseed

goodpiper

The heading could be changed to "Leyden's pavilion is done?" The roof is now all on. At sometime in the future, we'll have to addrress a cover for the 100/200yd firing line, up to the right.

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

goodpiper

Um... Walls, enters into another realm zoning/planning board issues. This replaces what was taken down, and... a roof is a huge improvement over nothing :).

Mr.Freedom

Quote from: goodpiper on July 15, 2013, 12:33:26 PM
The pavilion now has half it's roof up. It provided much appreciated relief from the sun at this last weekends Appleseed

What is it they say about the apple doesnt fall far from the tree, or lineage in this case ;)
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Mr.Freedom

ooops. I was trying to reply to Voidoids comment, mea culpa if this causes confusion  :sos:
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine