News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

McLean is coming up soon.

Started by TheEditor, June 11, 2013, 12:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Only four shooters so far; we need some sign ups. 

Assuming we get some more shooters, we might need more instructors. 

Pass the word.  This is a great venue - private farmland, great hosts, lunch available for $5, no range fee.  GunsSaveLife and GSL Defense Training will be providing drinks, shade, a PA system (you can actually HEAR the line commands!) and fans.  Yes, fans. 

Doesn't get much better than that.  Let's find some shooters and bring them to this one. 

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

It's coming up! 

We've got instructors, now we need shooters.  Only 6 preregs so far. 

The landowner is rustling for shooters, and I feel confident he will come up with a few. 

Tuesday I'll pitch it at the Guns Save Life meeting, and I'll post it on GunsSaveLife.com. 

I'm sure we'll have more than six, but we've got room for 30! 

This venue is easy to get to - just off of I-55 at McLean.  It's nice (like a state park).  It's private - no traffic or strangers happening through.  The host family is wonderful.  For $5 a head, the host family will provide you with a great lunch.  Guns Save Life will be bringing the drinks.  GSL Defense Training will provide covers for the firing line, as well as fans for cooling. 

In short, one of the nicest places we have a shoot.   Come on down, over, or whatever.  Just get there - and bring friends!

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

SlingBurn

I'll be going.  2nd Appleseed, made Rifleman at my first (first day, too!).  Going with two other gentlemen, not sure if they've signed up yet.

One of the two is returning to try for Rifleman (had equipment issues last time), and the other is new to Appleseed.

Looking forward to this shoot, it is a great venue!

Also hoping to be offered an orange hat after this shoot.
"I have not a man who is afraid to go." - Isaac Davis

TheEditor

We've doubled our sign ups but we need more! 

Had good results at the Guns Save Life meeting last night; several indicated willingness to go. 

Stonecutter, that's the spirit!  Bringing more with you; that's the "low tech" way to grow the program!

See you Saturday. 
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

up to 11 now!  and I still expect a few walk ons. 

Still time, and still plenty of room. 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Eventbrite online registration is closed, but we still have room!

Just show up and pay at the door. 

Looking forward to a great weekend (I put in an order for perfect weather, and it seems to have come through!). 

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

SlingBurn

Can't wait!  Wrapping up the preps for the weekend.  My name's Mike, and I'll be wearing my Rifleman patch on my Appleseed t-shirt tomorrow at sign-in.  Fingers crossed I can become an IIT this weekend!
"I have not a man who is afraid to go." - Isaac Davis