News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Albuquerque NM May 18-19 2013

Started by duc-dog, May 20, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duc-dog

What a great weekend for Appleseeding.   It's not often that you have a chance to shoot AQT's in 40 mph winds.  As gravel drifted around the rifles we told the story of April 19th and reminded our fellow Americans of this country's unique history built upon the sacrifice of our forefathers. 
    Difficult as it was to keep targets posted on the backers we some how managed to complete several AQT's.  Although we made no new riflemen we had several knocking at the door, shooting scores in the 180-200 range.  People familiar with shooting the AQT know that it is the final step before breaking through the mental barriers and consistently shooting above expert scores. 
   As Americans we know the fight for our LIBERTY is not always fought in comfortable conditions and the enemy often chooses the time and place most inconvenient.  I am proud to say there were no Sunshine Patriots in this group of potential Riflemen.  They know what it is to persevere to reach a goal. 
   Thanks to each of our students for sticking it out through two days of such adverse condition.  And a big thanks to my fellow instructors, I am fortunate to know "who has my six".   A big Thank You to the city of Albuquerque Shooting Range, they bent over backwards, opening early, providing a world class range to make our weekend a success.  The only thing they couldn't do is stop the wind.

See you on the trail,
       Hold hard and favor center,
                 Milt     
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Appleseed Widow

I don't think I have ever been so impressed or proud of shooters.  You not only stood up to the bad conditions, you all improved over the weekend.  Some of the tight groups I saw at the end of the day Sunday after fighting the wind all day just made me so happy to have been part of the Albuquerque Appleseed.  Milt and I both enjoyed getting to know and work with a wonderful group of Americans.  Keep up the great work you have started.  I hope to see each and everyone of you at another Appleseed.
To the instructors.  Dave, it was great to meet you and learn some new ways of instructing from other teams in NM.  OL and Jerry, thanks so much for the long travel time and spending the time in the windy conditions.  It is always a pleasure to spend an Appleseed weekend with you both.

Until we meet again,
Margie aka Appleseed Widow

Jerry Hall

I am honored to have spent this wekend with folks whom truly know what they are about and stuck it out through some of the finest down home winds I've experienced.
Y'all come see us anytime, anywhere we'll make sure there's room on the firing line.

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."