News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2013 events in Young

Started by GIJoeJeeper, May 30, 2013, 08:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIJoeJeeper

Hello, I'm new to Appleseed and am trying to figure out if the Young Appleseed shoot is still scheduled for June 22nd and 23rd.  I see threads for events for all the Appleseeds coming up except for for the one in Young.  I do however see there is still the ability to sign up for the event.  Then, on the fliers being pasted out for upcoming events there is no mention of the 22nd and 23rd dates in Young. :sos:

azmule

That's because the Young shoot was just added to the schedule this past week - a volunteer is working on fliers for that one, we just don't have them posted yet.

I'm also working on securing a Flagstaff shoot hopefully in July, and other volunteers are working on adding a few more for late summer / fall in Chino Valley, Sierra Vista, and Marana - possibly more.  Scheduling is an ongoing process - events are added year-round as we secure them.

Appleseed in Arizona had a slow spring this year for obvious reasons, but as the great powder alarm of 3013 finally starts to wind down, we've got tens of thousands of new rifle owners in this state to teach.  [Now that they can find ammo for those rifles.   :)) ]
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

GIJoeJeeper

Outstanding.  I was bracing for the worst, but now my weekend is made ^:)^  Thanks azmule, I hope to see you there :---

azmule

Here is a flier for the June 22-23 shoot in Young!

azmule

Here's one that Shawn has been posting around Young...

Shawn McEwen

OK!  I think everything is set for this weekend.  Just finished the sign to be posted out on the highway.  Make the southward turn at the sign bearing left at the "Y" in the road, cross Cherry Creek, and take the first right turn (75 yards) past the creek.  You'll see all of the trap houses and vehicles. 

I've posted a pic of the sign below.

Also as you make your way down into Young from HWY 260, and I assume HWY 288 as well, you will see signs that read Shooting Prohibited, Fire Restrictions in Effect.  I've cleared our program with Gila County Sheriff's Office and we're good to go.  They might even bring a rifle or two and have some fun. 

That's all for now... see ya Saturday!