News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Zanesville, OH May 25-26, 2013

Started by ITB, May 28, 2013, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Spent an awesome weekend with a great group of Americans.  Everyone came with very teachable attitudes, and all showed great improvement over the weekend.  Congratulations to Scott and Gene for earning your Rifleman patches.  I look forward to seeing both of you in Orange Hats in the near future!

Kate, you did fantastic this weekend!  You listened, learned, and applied what we taught you.  The icing on the cake was hitting the steel on 4 out of 5 shots on the SOCOM.  I look forward to seeing you again on the trail with your grandson. 

Don, it was great meeting you on Saturday.  Sorry you missed Sunday, but you had some nice-looking targets by the end of the day on Saturday. 

And Sean, Mr. Enthusiasm  **), you showed some impressive improvements in your shooting.  Your father should be proud.  I expect you'll be earning that Rifleman patch in no time.  I love having outstanding young men on the line.  It makes me optimistic for the future of our country.

Everyone had a blast on Sunday shooting the steel at 300 yards.  Next time, I'll be sure to have my Garand properly sighted in.   %)

My job was easy this weekend, with Gibson having my back all weekend.  The Shoot Boss is one proud papa.  Thanks to Edheler for showing up for Sunday - it made it a lot easier to do KD in the afternoon.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.  And again, my heartfelt thanks for all of the help packing up.  It was a long drive to Zanesville, but I loved every minute of it.   On with some pics...

Our "digs" for the weekend:

Gibson running a stage of the AQT

I think Scott found his NPOA (using a 10/22 takedown with techsights):

Scott receiving his Rifleman patch:

Gene doing an AQT with his M1A

Gene on his M1A, Kate on a 10/22 and Scott on an AR, doing stage 1:

The (rusty) Shoot Boss gettin' it done with an AR:
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Seeker47

Had a great time last weekend in Zanesville.  Many thanks to InTheBurbs, Gibson, & Edheler for traveling so far to pass on their knowledge.  Made Rifleman on Saturday. ^:)^  Still have a lot of work to do before I get to feeling comfortable about my skill.  Will be working more with the 1022, but also with the M1A.  Want to make Rifleman with the M1A next time!  Gotta seriously practice mag changes with that rifle. :-[  Thanks for sharing the Garand.  Love the "ting" at the end! O0  Really appreciate your efforts and traveling so far on a holiday weekend to share with us.

Miss Kitty

My first Appleseed.  I came for both the history and the shooting and was not disappointed in either.  It was not an easy weekend for a novice but was well worth it.  As my mom would say..."nothin' wrong with bein' tired".
     Thanks to the Appleseed Crew for your dedication and your upbeat attitude: You love your calling & it shows. I'll be back ASAP with grandson in tow.

Seeker47

Skills learned last weekend are wonderful!  Have a shed that groundhogs love to tunnel under right before they move to my patio.  Normally I have to wait for them to get clear out into the yard because I am not sure if one body shot will keep them from getting back under the shed.  New tenant found today.  Would not come all the way out from under the edge so that he could be served an eviction notice.  Today it was sling, NPOA, head shot.  Problem solved.  Nothing like practical uses for good training!  Thanks again!