News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Self Reliance Expo June 28-29-30

Started by Twineagles, May 23, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

The first self reliance expo (preppers) held in the midwest is scheduled for June 27th through the 29th. There will be 20 vendors and 10 non profit groups participating. The expo has already sold tickets to the event to folks from IA, MN, NE, MO and WI. 

Applseeder couple from Colorado (Prone to Knit & oneshot_onehole) will be bringing down a portable air rifle range and have asked us to help staff it. I am coordinating our volunteer effort we need to have 6 volunteers there from noon-7:00 pm on Friday, 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM on Saturday, 11:00 a - 5:00 pm on Sunday. Our duties will be to help the kids shooting and overall promotion of Project Appleseed. The expo will be taking place at the Val Air ballroom in West Des Moines IA.

Orange hats, red hats, riflemen and Appleseed supporters we need your help. This should be a major recruiting pool for appleseed attendees for the Iowa and our bordering states. Good time for you southerners to head north and lend a hand.

PM me if any questions
Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

Alex

It is in West Des Moines, IA, and the organizers are expecting thousands of people, so we could use all the help we can get to spread the message of Appleseed.
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine